Zanotti

drogon

I think Scoozi (the better part, in the house) is the worst of the so called "top end" Italian restaurants in Bangkok.

I personally find Zanotti fabulous. Yes, the tables are a little close together, but that is about the only criticism I have. As far as wine goes, I always take my own. I much prefer Australian to their almost entirely Italian wine list and with the corkage only 420 baht, it makes sense to bring a bottle from home.

I seldom see talk of Giorgio's in the Royal Orchid Sheraton which is superb - but pricey and Rossini's in the Sheraton Grande which is equally pricey but fortunately I have a card I can use there which makes it much more reasonable.

Probably the most comparable to Zanotti in terms of price and quality is L'Opera, another favourite which I think is excellent.

La Villa, Roberto's restaurant is not between Ekamai and Thonglor; it's west of Thonglor on Soi 53.

http://www.lavillabangkok.com/

the last two times i was there (last time 2 weeks ago), Roberto was not there anymore, so not sure whether ownership has changed or not. but quality was still good, better than currently at L'opera.

there is another new very good Italian in the same Soi called Bacco

http://www.bacco-bkk.com/

yep, Sergio's; have been twice there and it was excellent! in particular the Antipasti, Risotto and Pasta

Antonino's; you mean Antonio's (Tony Armenio) on Soi 31 green route? haven't been in a while as parking got difficult when they started construction of the 2 new condo blocks.

Girogio's is very nice but it is rather expensive. As I remember, it was probably the most expensive of all the Italians I have been to in BKK. Very nice? Yes...but at the end of the day, I am not on a fat cat expat salary so I am not sure I will return. My *only* complaint was the pricing.

Archived