Pattaya

chelseafan

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I rather believe that you missed youngfarangâ??s point. He never said that he detests bargirls or paying them. He said that he does not sympathize with bar girl whining about â??stingyâ?? customers. Most gogo dancers make easily 40+K a month which is more than 5 times of the monthly average income in Thailand. Surely there are some â??soi dogsâ?? in every bar struggling to make some money. But I also have no sympathy for them; they just have chosen the wrong profession.

Paying 1000 THB for a 30 â?? 60 min short time isnâ??t being cheap. After all it is almost 5 times of the minimum wage, which many uneducated workers receive for a day of hard physical work.

I have even less sympathy for guys who spend money like water on bar girls, blaming others who donâ??t follow this nonsense as cheap charlies but would never think to tip a hotel maid, waitress or taxi driver.

Youngfarang and Hardy641...

I rather believe that you missed youngfarangâ??s point. He never said that he detests bargirls or paying them. He said that he does not sympathize with bar girl whining about â??stingyâ?? customers. Most gogo dancers make easily 40+K a month which is more than 5 times of the monthly average income in Thailand. Surely there are some â??soi dogsâ?? in every bar struggling to make some money. But I also have no sympathy for them; they just have chosen the wrong profession.

Paying 1000 THB for a 30 â?? 60 min short time isnâ??t being cheap. After all it is almost 5 times of the minimum wage, which many uneducated workers receive for a day of hard physical work.

I have even less sympathy for guys who spend money like water on bar girls, blaming others who donâ??t follow this nonsense as cheap charlies but would never think to tip a hotel maid, waitress or taxi driver.

Hardy......I believe Boomah was right on when he said yf missed the point.

I could be wrong but yf basically is trying to get the most value for the cheapest price. Nothing at all wrong with that. But he goes on to say and you seem to support him with some of your comments that basically they make too much money. Yf also mentions about blowing money on cell phones, expensive clothing and whatnot. So what??? If your employer told you that you cannot buy a cell phone or a certain suit, would that be ok? Hell....if they want to take their money and throw it in the ocean, up to them.

What is wrong with getting what the market will bear? I am certainly no fan of throwing money around but it does not add to the fun of the s/t knowing I just underpaid the girl. What if your employer decided on payday to keep 30 percent of your pay because he thought you made too much?? It wouldn't go over very well, I would suspect.

As far as them making "almost 5 times minimum wage"......who cares?? They chose what they are doing and it's not fun in many cases. They should be paid whatever the customer wants to give. I'm not proposing they get 4k baht s/t or something crazy, I'm just saying pay her what the s/t rate is. I think 1k is very small (at least in bkk) but probably acceptable by some.

I just get the feeling from some posts here that some want to get away with paying as very little as possible. Again, nothing wrong with that but don't bitch at others when they pay normal rates.

Hardy......I believe Boomah was right on when he said yf missed the point.

I could be wrong but yf basically is trying to get the most value for the cheapest price. Nothing at all wrong with that.

[color:red]Exactly! Nothing wrong at all with it[/color]

But he goes on to say and you seem to support him with some of your comments that basically they make too much money.

[color:red]I blame punters who are paying too high prices for various reasons (bad conscience, sympathy, prices being cheap compared to their home, ...). I never blame the girls for taking the cash[/color]

Yf also mentions about blowing money on cell phones, expensive clothing and whatnot. So what??? If your employer told you that you cannot buy a cell phone or a certain suit, would that be ok? Hell....if they want to take their money and throw it in the ocean, up to them.

[color:red]YF never said they can't buy whatever they want. He says he has no sympathy for bar girls wasting their money for more or less useless things. He does not see any sense in further promoting such habits by paying higher prices than necessary.

I am fully with him on this one

[/color]

What is wrong with getting what the market will bear? I am certainly no fan of throwing money around but it does not add to the fun of the s/t knowing I just underpaid the girl. What if your employer decided on payday to keep 30 percent of your pay because he thought you made too much?? It wouldn't go over very well, I would suspect.

[color:red]Unfortunately Thailand has no fixed prices for P4P. I am a big fan of the pricing policy in Angeles, Philippines (e.g. 1200 PESO for bar and girl (LT)). It spares a lot of hassle and bargaining which often spoils the whole thing. Thus, comparing bargirls with normal employees makes no sense.[/color]

As far as them making "almost 5 times minimum wage"......who cares?? They chose what they are doing and it's not fun in many cases. They should be paid whatever the customer wants to give. I'm not proposing they get 4k baht s/t or something crazy, I'm just saying pay her what the s/t rate is. I think 1k is very small (at least in bkk) but probably acceptable by some.

[color:red]Here, I strictly disagree with you. As you said THEY choose; nobody forced them to work in the sex industry. While I agree that it might not always be fun ... but hey tll me one job that always is fun. On top they always can (and do) refuse customers, they really feel uncomfortable to go with. Working 10+ hours in rain and heat on a construction site is definitely harder than doing a ST for 30 min (often it is only 5-10 min and just a hand job, just ask the gals in Soi 6). Plus they get 5 times the cash. So again paying 1,000 THB for ST isnâ??t cheap. Considering Thailandâ??s wage structure it is even a lot[/color].

I just get the feeling from some posts here that some want to get away with paying as very little as possible. Again, nothing wrong with that but don't bitch at others when they pay normal rates.

[color:red]Again, what are normal rates?????I wish they existed in Thailand but they don't [/color]

Hardy........I'm not gonna pick your post apart. I'm just gonna say we are probably gonna disagree.

You ask what are normal rates? I think a fair amount is 1k s/t, 2k l/t. That is a guideline and can be diviated from depending on performance or other factors that detract or enhance the experience.

I think anyone who tries to bargain the girl down from either one of those is just being cheap. Those prices are not astronomical in any way.

This is not really meant towards you but yf in an earlier post challenged SD to a bet. That bet exactly makes my point about what I am saying. He says basically, I can get the same girl cheaper than you. Suggesting to me, he is willing to pay less than the normal rate.

Again I go back to the real world and I feel I can since bar girls live in the real world as well.......if you worked for company A that gave you less money each paycheck than companies B,C,D and E which were all just down the road, why would you work for company A?? My point, which I don't think I made very well, is pay the going rate, don't be cheap, it makes the whole night better for both or all parties involved. IMO. :)

Hardy........I'm not gonna pick your post apart. I'm just gonna say we are probably gonna disagree.

You ask what are normal rates? I think a fair amount is 1k s/t, 2k l/t. That is a guideline and can be diviated from depending on performance or other factors that detract or enhance the experience.

[color:red]I agree that 1k s/t is fair but it has been you saying into your previous reply hat it is very cheap.[/color]

I think anyone who tries to bargain the girl down from either one of those is just being cheap. Those prices are not astronomical in any way.

This is not really meant towards you but yf in an earlier post challenged SD to a bet. That bet exactly makes my point about what I am saying. He says basically, I can get the same girl cheaper than you. Suggesting to me, he is willing to pay less than the normal rate.

Again I go back to the real world and I feel I can since bar girls live in the real world as well.......if you worked for company A that gave you less money each paycheck than companies B,C,D and E which were all just down the road, why would you work for company A?? My point, which I don't think I made very well, is pay the going rate, don't be cheap, it makes the whole night better for both or all parties involved. IMO. :)

[color:red]You are talking about demand and supply. I have no issues with your statements as long you also accept that a punter can easily walk to girl b, c, d or e if girl a is asking a higher or too high price.[/color]

I said it is small but acceptable by some. I think it is the lowest any short time price should start at. Would I ever give only that much?? Probably never. I don't think it's enough. As I said, it's a guideline.

If the girl turned out to be horrible in the sack, complained the whole time and wanted to leave barely after the condom was off, then yeah, she'd probably only get 1k.

I will say I pay 1500 s/t and 2500 l/t. I don't think those amounts are too high or too low.

I feel like trying negotiate the girl to a lower price than what she would normally get from other punters, i.e. the going rate, is cheap and makes the guy look bad.

>Maybe someone should start up a " fair trade BG system " where the customer doesnt pay the best deal but instead pays a higher price to absolve his/her conscience....works for tea and chocolate <

i have been doing that for a long time.

But, I also take the market into account. BKK is not same as Pattaya. BKK I'd pay 1200 ST (More at Tulip of course, going house rate), 2000 LT, sometimes more on stellar performance.

Pattaya Soi 6, going rate 300 for room, 700 for girl, I pay 800 for mediocre and no return, 900 for good performance. That seems low, but I return frequently, and am very warmly welcomed everytime by her. That seems to me I'm paying the 'right' fee.

Yes, the market is down, that may add to her warmth. I fact, she said today, almost no farang at all. So maybe I am proving crucial drought relief by my third visit to her this week.....

Seeing who can fuck a prossy for less money is pretty funny. I made a similar bet with someone a while back. When I showed up they conveniently disappeared, so I never got to try it out. I'll be at Shark bar tonight if anyone wants to give it a go. :D

Heh, I only know one girl in Shark bar so I'm not taking that bet.

But you can never tell a girl's taste. I'd say (gay disclaimers aside) that you were a fine looking fella but some girls have strange tastes.

Seeing how many 'normal' girl mobile numbers you can pull is a better judge of pulling power IMO.

Not quite sure about that. I haven't the same experience or patience as you ( :) ) but Thai girls seem to give out numbers fairly freely so isn't that just a question of how many you approach? And they approach you more easily too. (To illustrate this, the other night I had a text and then a call from a strange number. It turned out to be a girl from my local supermarket! For this supermarket, you can get a discount card but, if you forget your card, you can quote your phone number and get the same discount. This girl had made a note of my phone number and shyly called me a few days later! She wants to be my "friend"... :) )

I know a place where you might not be able to get a number... You've only got a few days too. Interested?

Archived