Bangkok Dangerous, the remake

gobbledonk

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

downloaded the original yesterday and liked it.

Was excited to see hollywood's version so I hit the theatres today....

It was terrible. Cage's hair looked as if it was made of straw.

Where was the buddhas in the cave setting? is that real?

best part was cage using thai:

KONG THII NII? KONG THII NII? KONG THII NII?

The original story is great. I recommend that you see the pang bros original; however, can anyone do an accurate gogo scene?

however, can anyone do an accurate gogo scene?

Many board members here could, or at least get a job as consultant. The questions are:

- Would a realistic (and, at times, fun and positive) depiction of the bar scene be appealing to a broad western audience?

- And would the government allow such a production? (they don't particularly like any take on the nightlife scene)

A few of us have actually thought about this shit. :)

however, can anyone do an accurate gogo scene?

Actually, I've seen at least two VERY accurate go-go scenes. Both were in "Missing In Action", circa 1990. Shot in BKK but supposed to be Saigon. Exteriors of SC and Patpong. Sure, out of sequence, etc., but who cares. Perfect period music and lots of smoke and I'm inclined to believe actual pole dancers doing the shuffle. I mean, NOBODY can shuffle like a real go-go dancer. 555555

HH

Aw, shit. Wrong movie. It was "Off Limits" with Willem Defoe, Gregory Hinds and Fred Ward. Some neat bar scenes. A friend of mine who was working in BKK at the time rented out his son's Vespa for the flick. Don't know if it got trashed in a chase scene or not. 55555

I'm sure the dancers were the real thing. "VN" speaking parts done by Thai's...who spoke Thai 555555 (at least in some scenes).

I got a legit copy from a chain video store that was getting rid of extra copies...$5 (such a deal). If anybody is interested in a copy and is in BKK or will be in late Oct/early Nov., PM me and I'll see if I can put it on DVD or VHS. I don't know if it's copy protected, however.

HH

"Off Limits" was filmed in Bangkok in mid 1987. Not a bad movie, if you ignore Bangkok looking nothing like Saigon and the unintentionally amusing scene of ex-BG answering questions put to her in Vietnamese in Thai. It's enjoyable because it's a murder mystery, not just another war film. Worth watching.

:)

p.s. A Thai photographer friend was doing the continuity shots for the film - and died of a heart attack after being worked very late one night. :(

Archived