Bangkok Dangerous, the remake

gobbledonk

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The remake is the most horrible movie I've watched in my life.

I just saw it myself in BKK. I pretty much agree with Monzoon. I thought it a horrible movie. But a couple friends saw it and liked it (fuck know's why, but they did). No accounting for personal tastes. :dunno:

Bad acting, silly love interest shite, Cage was wooden, looked like hell, bad dye job and weave, many stupid things were done in this movie. About half way through it I was disgusted with myself that I didn't go to see the Death Race movie instead. A waste of time in my humble opinion.

YMMV.

Cent

Hmmm, seems like the consensus is 'save your $15 when it comes to Oz, Gobble !' : Cage is probably kicking himself, given that his previous effort 'Ghost Rider' was a critical and box office stinker, and I thought he was ordinary in the National Treasure $equel.

I can handle efforts like 'Hitman' and 'Shooter', as long as the action makes up for any deficiencies in the plot - Olyphant and Wahlberg were both well cast in roles that didn't require either of them to show too much range. Cage, like Travolta, has a tendency to try to overpower a script with manic facial gestures at odd times, at least IMHO.

Archived