Bangkok Dangerous, the remake

gobbledonk

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just remembered! "The Deer Hunter" included some scenes shot in the old Mississippi Queen bar in Patpong. Never mind there weren't any gogo bars in Vietnam.

The BG in the film was the real thing - a cutie named Noi who had a great body. They sort of made her less attractive in the film than she really was. I'd seen her go topless on the dance stage and every guy suddenly wanted to barfine her! Last I heard, she'd married a Farang and was running a bar in the Diamond Arcade. That was ages ago though. She must be about 50 now! :shocked:

Off Limits:

<< McGriff and Albaby are probably doing the worst law enforcement job in the world - they are plain clothes U.S. military policemen on duty in war-time Saigon. However, their job becomes even harder when they start investigating the serial killings of local prostitutes. Their prime suspect is high ranking U.S. Army officer which brings their lives in danger. >>

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0095774/

'Missing in Action', historical note: The best bar scenes never got into the finished movie. They were filmed in Ermita and Olongapo if anyone was sober enough to hold a camera. They didn't fit the image Chuck Norris was trying to project.

And therein lies the problem.

Come to think of it, my own best bar scenes don't fit the image I'd like to project either. :)

Really - would like to see evidence of this ShyGuy but it also ties in with some information I have from the village - One girl called "Opp" named after the incubator is still alive and running though supposed to have died a few years back when she first entered her teens.

It happened to a Thai friend of my brothers. The Thai, while visiting my brother, collapsed and died.

Link

The number of diagnosed cases of Brugada syndrome has grown exponentially over the past decade. In Southeast Asia, where the disease is endemic, it is the most common cause of death of men under 40, after motor vehicle accidents. Recent data suggest that it affects 2 percent of the population in some areas.

Although the disease usually strikes in early middle age, cases have been reported in babies only a few days old.

Archived