7 year Anniversary of 7/11/2001

Bangkoktraveler

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The US troops typically come from economic disadvantaged situations and are just doing what they are ordered to do.

That's what John Kerry said and America responded by kicking his ass to the curb.

Lie.

The insinuation is that John Kerry lost the election because he said that.

The insinuation is that John Kerry lost the election because he said that.

That was not what I intended to imply. It is true that "Jon Carry"'s slur was in 2006, not prior to the 2004 election. I meant only that the backlash against him for his slander of our troops helped destroy what national prominence and credibility he had going forward.

I think they are still around, in Boston as well, and a few other places. The big difference is, they aren't as overt and brazen as they once were.

Don't know how true it is but I think I read somewhere that when Clinton tried to help out in ending the fighting, he told the FBI to crack down on them here so the peace could work.

The problem in the past I think was that law enforcement didn't do enough. Wrongly or rightly depending on your politics and view of the situation, the IRA had a sort of 'underdog' status with parts of the public. Sometimes popularized in movies and such. Again, I know its a volotile issue and Im simply stating what I think to be the case NOT my personal opinions. I don't have a dog in that fight.

In any event. while I can understand the anger of Mekong and others, given the history of the conflict. It may be a little hypocritical calling 911 karma coming back to bite the U.S. in the ass over NORAD when someone could make a reasonable claim that England's own history of supporting 'terrorism' may be their karma coming back to bite them in the ass as well in the form of the IRA bombings and killing. My opinion is that NEITHER is accurate. However, if one is willing to buy into the former (911 karma) then you may need to accept the latter (IRA karma).

Yeah, first, I do recall a lot of very overt fund raisers for the IRA. Basically a lot of rallys and parties where t-shirts bearing "Irish Reared American support northern Irish aid" were sold, the IRA being much larger than the rest of the print. This went on for ages, and nothing was done aboput it.

I do recall Clinton got shit for granting a 1 day Visa to some guy from Shein Fein (sp) to come here for a meeting. Can someone remind me, what was/is the committee of Ulster?

Looks like what might happen here in the USA caused by the righteous right. Fortunately, most of the righteous right I am not afraid of because many of them are chicken hawks. One look by me and they go home running so as to huddle up in their closet while sucking their thumb like they did when they when they sucked their mommies breast.

Archived