Your experience: Thailand:: the good and the bad

Tiger Moth

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The little things used to really bother me - and I let them bother me.

The way I deal with things in Thailand is simply to lower my expectations. This works for me but of course it is not for everyone.

I have to admit a smirk at your KFC story. It took me back to an incident in my first year in Thailand. I ordered chicken fried rice and waited for ages. About half an hour later they told me there was no chicken. I then said do it with pork. No pork. Shrimp. No shrimp. Well, what do you have?

"No hab anything! Food finit!"

My reaction didn't win me any friends! :)

"No hab anything! Food finit!"

I once was checking into a hotel that had 2 buildings, call them A and B. I was being given a room in building A but had a friend in building B. I asked, "do you have rooms in building B?". Answer, "yes". I asked "may I see one?". Answer, "no, they are all occupied".

The fascination is all in the finer details & for me I took a liking to the 3rd story:

3) Now you don't really wanna get me started with BKK traffic or parking (lots). But if you insists let me start by asking what someone say in the US would expect a young guy to behave if he had helped an older foreign guy to unblock his parked car & after wards were offered some money say $10?

Is it really that rude to hunk the horn deeply at misbehaving manoeuvrings?

How about those guys driving insanely slow & always blocking the outer or middle lane(s)?

OK to make it a bit more personal I surely fumed a few times at the local multistory car park staff since all they seem to do is wave one up & down instead of actually guiding one to a free spot in a hurry.

Now surprisingly they tended to provide a bit better service after my initial 'incidents' such as offering 'vip' spots occasionally or even smile :)

In my multiple decades of visits to Thailand I have never been approached by anyting that remotely resembles a Katoy. ...

:redflag:

This is completely unbelievable. You must never walk along Suk' date=' visit NEP or Patpong or Patong or Pattaya! [/quote']32

I've been in just about every gin joint, strip joint, beer bar, gogo bar, English Pub, Irish Pub, German Beergarden, in Bangkok, Pattaya, Chiang Mai, and Hua Hin and points in between. And at all time of the day and night. Drunk, sober, with a good or bad Thai gal or without. And a few times alone. High season or low season and times in between.

Nor have I ever had anything stolen from hotel room or outside. And the only safe I use is a condom. I do tip the cleaning staff - every day.

In fact whilst shopping on Sukhumvit, I had placed my camera on stall to look at items and forgot to put back in pocket. The stall hawker came running after me with my digital camera.

I guess, maybe, I am lucky of sorts.

the bad things about Thailand.

expected to pay for a Beer in a bar...... :(

expected to pay a BF............ :surprised:

expected to pay for a BBBJ at Lolita's....... :yikes:

don't they know Falangs should get everything for nothing....... :doah:

one good thing about Thailand i experienced.

used to frequent a family bar and always ordered food,always too much but a doggy bag was provided and i used to take the food back to my fave Go-Go and feed the Girls.............. :_party:

Archived