Notice the Wongsawat Government

Mentors

PM to hold early afternoon press conference

(BangkokPost.com) - Prime Minister Somchai Wongsawat will hold a press conference at Don Muaeng airport on Friday around noon after he returned from a trip to Ayutthaya province.

The press conference is held a day after army chief Anupong Paojinda called on him to step down to take responsibility for the Oct 7 clashes between police and People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD) demonstrators.

He reportedly looked tense during his visit to the ancient capital.

An army of reporters camped outside his home in Bangkok early Friday. He emerged in his motorcade, heading straight to the province to attend the Bangsai Arts and Crafts Centre.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/breaking_news/breakingnews.php?id=131478

:alert:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"I stay for benefits of the country and people" : PM Somchai

Prime Minister Somchai Wongsawat said he won't step down, resisting calls from army Chief Anupong Paojinda to quit to take responsibility for the deaths and injuries of protesters who clashed with police on October 7.

He said he will accept the result of the investigation panel set up to investigate into the deadly crackdown on the protesters.

"I will continue to work hard for the public. I have to consider the benefits of the public," Somchai said in an urgent press briefing held at temporary seat of government at Don Muang airport.

"I will surely accept the result of the investigation. If the panel said I am guilty, I will accept that," Somchai said.

An independent committee set up to investigate the October 7 bloodbath will complete its task in about 15 days and his government could not interfere in the work of the panel.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2008/10/17/politics/politics_30086299.php

• 2 weeks later...

Suvit resigns as Puea Pandin party leader

(BangkokPost.com) - Suvit Khunkitti decided Thursday to step down as leader of Puea Pandin party and party member.

Mr Suvit submitted his resignation letter to party's secretary-general. The resignation is effective immediately.

According to the letter, Mr Suvit said he disagrees with the use of force to disperse anti-government protesters on Oct 7, which left two people dead and more than 400 injured. He also said he does not support the government's move to amend the charter as it cannot state which articles must be altered and for whom they would benefit.

He also said in the letter that he does not agree with the government's move on Preah Vihear matter.

He then thanked party members for their support, and said that his resignation would pave the way for executive members to select new party leader.

BANGKOK POST

• 4 weeks later...

Somchai lands at Don Mueang military airport, continues flight to Chiang Mai

Prime Minister Somchai Wongsawat landed at the Don Mueang Military Airport at 5 pm Wednesday but continued his flight to Chang Mai shortly after, a well-informed source said.

The source said Somchai dropped at the military airport to pick up certain key Cabinet members and continued his flight to Chiang Mai immediately.

It was earlier expected that Somchai would hold an urgent Cabinet meeting at the military airport upon arrival.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/read.php?newsid=30089480

Strange, I am currently clashing with a Belgian (on a Belgian forum of a very well-known newspaper) who recognized my avatar from 360....

Of course we are clashing about Thailand and his obvious bullshit about the country.

Many Belgians on this forum?

Sad mess, just hope that none of my fellow board members will get hurt or any Thais I know.

Archived