Pressurised water Khorat country

buffalo_bill

Very well ,gentlemen . Again most precious advice from the plumbers community . Thanks a lot . How could I overlook the electricity-aspect , I am getting old . Probably because when thinking about Thai electricity I always see in front of me the cable system at the building when I pass the bridge on the way to Pratunam market. Not exactly a very inviting view .

I rang Nok this very moment only to get confirmed that they have electricity supplied although asking where the water comes from the answer was " hab big water " . Better than nothing I would say . Fact is that during my first life I equipped lots of motor boats with water systems which is samesame Khorat country in a way . I will now first call a plumber on the site later this month , show him my equipment and let him do the plumbing . Once we got that it should be easy to do the rest . May I again recommend a pressurised tank which costs close to nothing and ensures immediate strong supply over a distance . The pump needs time to build pressure through the system , a small switch gets it running once the pressure is low . Velly goos .

One more thing that crossed my mind : I can't remember how they do the cooking in the Khorat forest . Should be from gas bottles or am I wrong ?

[color:red]Cent :

p.s. Are you certain these stainless steel fittings you are schlepping from Euroland will even fit the Thai standard plumbing fixtures, water tank outlets, pump outlets, etc.?[/color]

Hehe , the plumbing universe fully depends on such certainly communist influenced things like inches and parts thereof . Whilst the civilised world centuries ago decided to use such clever units like centimeter etc , the plumbing world still depends on ancient theories . Making for example a three quarter of an inch a common measurement . Ridiculous , but internationally accepted like HIV or other inconveniences .

Gas bottles...yes!

Most all Thai's use them in the villages and some in the cities.

Better to cook with gas than electric anyway. Much cheaper and more efficient. And, no decent restaurant chef would ever cook using an electric source; the heat can be far better controlled than with electric.

We have a stove complete with oven - all run off a gas bottle

Water sees quite good quality - not sure how shitting neighbors gets into the supply as the village water tower is a very high structure, long climb for a shit.

Filters however are common - not so expensive but the locals need to be reminded to actually change the filter occasionally.

While living on the top floor of a high rise the water pressure was so low that the water-heater would not kick in when taking a shower. Went to Carrefour and bought one of those electric water pumps with a pressure chamber. The pump will automatically cut off when the pressure chamber is full. Worked very well and I got nice hot showers with good pressure. Did cost around 6000B and it is quite compact unit. Maybe about 50cm tall.

Paillote

I have a related question since solar was brought up, maybe I should start a new thread. Does anyone see much solar power happening in Thailand? Sure seems to be the perfect place for it. My wife has some property near Nong Khai and I have been thinking of installing a solar farm on it and feeding the grid, although I am sure the Thai power company would not know what to make of that at this point. It also has a stream on it where I could build a micro-hydro system. Since we do not plan to develop the property anytime in the near future I have been thinking about generating power there. Just an idea at this point. Obviously security would be required to protect the equipment but that is doable these days.

Thailand does give buy power from solar home use - cells now $6 - $8 per W including battery

interestingly the most common sold here are German followed by cheaper and nearly as good Chinese I am told (could be wrong)

However there is also a very large solar cell plant that doesn't sell in Thailand - export only!

The new solar panels work well in any day light conditions - cloudy etc. This is a huge advancement over th older style.

Archived