Pressurised water Khorat country

buffalo_bill

Gentlemen ,

in my endless efforts to upgrade Nok's steel and concrete villa to the latest internationally accepted standards we have now finally arrived at the sanitary equipment after I have sent her the related monies several times already .

To avoid further turbulence I am currently bringing finest stainless equipment into the country myself under most dubious circumstances and when I rang Nok these days asking for praise and approval she startet to scream into the telephone . So what is the problem now ??

Answer : No hab water dahlin .

The fundamental problem , gentlemen , really seems to be that all my grade A stainless tabs , showers and faucets would never be able to do their job due to no PRESSURISED water in the whole mo-baan.

There we are . I remember from my single visit to the building site there are huge clay pots all over the place from where the Issaan folks separate smaller quantities and pour it over their heads taking shower by using the gravity principle . Simply unacceptable I think and thinks Nok .

While I was still sitting at my desk in despair the telefone rang again , Nok shouting : KUBOTAAAAA ! I reckon any Thai soul learns from her early days that a Kubota diesel pump is good for everything , in particular driving water pumps . Nok now suggested after brief discussion with the local gentry we install a Kubota single cylinder diesel and all is fine .

This makes a lot of sense to me and ringing one of my intimate friends in Yaowarat I was told the price for the pump should be around 40000 Baht including base unit , steel platform and pump .

Question to the community :

Is anybody out there who has experience with this sort of hitec arrangements . I could imagine that even a single cylinder diesel driven pump would blow the building away once under full steam . would we need something that reduces the pressure ? Second , is there a device available that would preserve the pressure in an airtank to avoid constant running of the pump and which starts the pump automatically once the pressure is down ? I could also imagine one pump is suitable for several properties in the area .

Questions over questions . This would be easy to sort here in Yeormany but as I am only a couple of days in the Kingdom I better know what to look for early enough . Your kind advice is highly appreciated . There are lots of related shops in Yaowarat but using Nok as interpretor between myself and the Chinese would certainly make me collapse under a nervous breakdown .

BuBi

Why not install a watertank above the house? Fill that up when needed with the diesel engine (so it doesn't have to run perpatually) and then let gravity provide the pressure. I have seen it in many houses in Isaan. A pump fills the watertank above the house and they have running water.

Waerth

Same Same problem in the north, surprisingly usually after heavy rain.

Get a roof high tank, 200L is plenty, and just keep it filled when the water's running.

No need for a pump, mains pressure will do it, just have a tap in the bathroom and a bucket to shower and flush the toilet.

I would go with an electric water pump with a water tank. Less noise and more reliable. :twocents:

I am assuming you do have electricity. If so, above is the correct answer.

Where is the water coming from? Well, river, rain?

Bubi,

what I did:

a) drill a well, 6k baht

B) electric pump on well 6k baht with timer 2x1 hour/24h

c) underground polyester water tank (water stays cool as oposed to surface inox tank (have 2k liters at least) 10k baht

d) electric pump for house, starts when opening tap (not tab as you write, tab is bill you pay for all the crap -sory - stuff) 6k baht

Total cost 28k baht, not including the house :alert: nor the land the farang can not own, ignorant prick, euh, dick, no it was "hick" Mekong called me :hubba:

Julian: how do you fill the roof tank (only 200l?) with a bucket???

Where does the water come from? 9 months/year no rain.

Know a guy who has a battery of these big jars and has some system to feed the house, think some roof tank with pump.

Have a friend who built a water tower next to his house, expensive solution and not nice to see but doable with all the dosh we farangs have to "invest" in this country :o

I would go with an electric water pump with a water tank. Less noise and more reliable. :twocents:

I am assuming you do have electricity. If so' date=' above is the correct answer.

Where is the water coming from? Well, river, rain? [/quote']

Yes, same as I would advise. If she has electricity at the house an electric pump would be fine (I have one in my house as well, along with a well). And well water, water tank, lake water, what and where is the water being drawn from? A diesel sounds like way too much for the job required (and much more expensive than is possibly needed).

More info needed Bubi to answer correctly.

Cent

p.s. Are you certain these stainless steel fittings you are schlepping from Euroland will even fit the Thai standard plumbing fixtures, water tank outlets, pump outlets, etc.?

I've the electric pump - cost including installation was 12 000 I think - a few years back.

Tank is underground and pump beside it.

Tank is needed in our village as water supply is not constant during the day (and night) so a supply is needed.

That said the gravity system is good but a little noisy.

Have you thought about solar panels for those ties when electricity is out?

3 layer from Germany I think is about $8 a watt including back-up battery and 20 year warranty.

Archived