LCD TVs

Kite_Flyer

For what it is worth, the latest issue of 'Atomic', a mag dedicated to high-performance computing (mainly gaming), carries a review of 22-inch monitors. While they tear strips off most of the contenders, LG's entries (W2252TQ, W2242T) both receive very high marks. The only monitor to come close was the Samsung 226BW.

At AUD $269 and $239 respectively, the LG units are bargains - I paid $400 a pop for a couple of 22" monitors just 8 months ago. For gaming, I am not entirely sure that going to a 24" or larger monitor is a win, but that's an individual choice : I realise these arent TVs, but it reinforces TM's claim re. LG and bang-for-buck. As always, YMMV.

Gobble

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The quality problem is that most are made in China and the QA will throw out a poor TV but the Chinese will sneak it out and sell it anyways!

I knew a guy that bought several hundred Sony DVD players that QA had rejected and he sold them in Malaysia at a cheap enough price. I bought one, lasted about one year and then died. Here placed it for free but most other customers he did not replace the bad units

All in all it gives Sony a bad name, so Sony was suppose to move their operation out of China, just for this QA reason... :dunno:

• 1 month later...

Hi Teddy,

Mate, the debate rages on, but it will be interesting to hear your impressions of the plasma 12 months from now. My personal opinion is that LCDs are more reliable, but they have had their problems too. Main thing is to find a good reseller who is prepared to stand by you when you have a problem, and the better manufacturers *have* upped their game : things like 'zero dead pixels' on a warranty are an improvement on years gone by.

Gobble

Archived