Carter slams Bush on market crisis

Flashermac

All the independent pundits on the matter have not said anything in support of that view.

Hey steve' date=' why don't you just once name some of these "independent pundits" you keep droning on about? You don't want your special buddies here to conclude that you are a liar, do you?[/quote']

Hey Rogueyam, do you mean the links I posted from Barrons and the head of the SF Reserve Bank in another thread that you never responded to when I posted it in response to your claims?

You wouldn't want my special buddies to conclude you are a liar and coward, do you?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
All the independent pundits on the matter have not said anything in support of that view.

Hey steve' date=' why don't you just once name some of these "independent pundits" you keep droning on about? You don't want your special buddies here to conclude that you are a liar, do you?[/quote']

Hey Rogueyam, do you mean the links I posted from Barrons and the head of the SF Reserve Bank in another thread that you never responded to when I posted it in response to your claims?

You wouldn't want my special buddies to conclude you are a liar and coward, do you?

A used Bull Shit salesman like rogie can never be accused of lying but he can be called a coward when he hides behind a big pile of Bull Shit. No wonder Thai women don't want to have anything to do with him. :neener:

http://online.barrons.com/article/SB121884860106946277.html

The latter contention is more than disingenuous. A substantial portion of Fannie's and Freddie's credit losses comes from $337 billion and $237 billion, respectively, of Alt-A mortgages that the agencies imprudently bought or guaranteed in recent years to boost their market share. These are mortgages for which little or no attempt was made to verify the borrowers' income or net worth. The principal balances were much higher than those of mortgages typically made to low-income borrowers. In short, Alt-A mortgages were a hallmark of real-estate speculation in the ex-urbs of Las Vegas or Los Angeles, not predatory lending to low-income folks in the inner cities.

http://www.prospect.org/cs/articles?article=did_liberals_cause_the_subprime_crisis

Janet Yellen, president of the San Francisco Federal Reserve, offers the killer statistic: Independent mortgage companies, which are not covered by CRA, made high-priced loans at more than twice the rate of the banks and thrifts. With this in mind, Yellen specifically rejects the "tendency to conflate the current problems in the sub-prime market with CRA-motivated lending.? CRA, Yellen says, "has increased the volume of responsible lending to low- and moderate-income households

60 minutes' date=' as indpendent as you get...[/quote']

Nobody is stupid enough to believe this, steve. I don't care how much "affirmative action" they've enjoyed. One word: Rathergate. Shove this weak shit back up your ass, steve.

LOL...Nobody in your close circles perhaps but the rest of the nation wouldn't be siding with you about 60 minutes' integrity. Last I recall, Rather has been gone from 60 minutes for some time as well. If you didn't see the episode you don't know enough to respond to the 60 minute piece and if you did see it, you have offered NO substantive evidence to refute what they reported on.

Not sure what 'affirmative action' has to do with the post but one can only assume its your pre-occupation to make any issue a racial one.

You're a lot of fun Rogueyam. I'm in the 'minority' (pun intended :smirk: ) but I sorta like having you around. You provide comedic relief as well as a reminder that 'our' work is not done in this countr. I thank you sir.

...I've always said I am disappointed in his not honoring the tradition of ex Presidents not commenting on the current President or administration. He was afforded the same respect.

Skippy has never had an iota of class. He's a worse human being than he was a President and that is saying a lot.

He's the most honest president since Truman. His honesty and integrity is without question.

His tenure as president wasn't the best but he was far more honest than Reagan and every other president in this era.

He's also done more in his post presidential years to better mankind than just about all other ex-presidents. I'll give Reagan a pass for his lacking any legacy in his post presidential years since his dementia took effect while he was in office.

His honesty and integrity is without question.

You just pile the shit up ever higher. "Without question"?

"The book has generated enormous criticism. There are complaints largely by pro-Israeli groups that Mr. Carter's facts are skewed, misguided, or just plain wrong. And that the book is harshly one-sided against Israel.

A fellow from President Carter's own foundation, Kenneth Stein, has resigned in protest.

Meanwhile, Rabbi Marvin Hier, the founder and dean of the Simon Wiesenthal Center, says his organization has received over 20,000 letters of complaint, so far, against President Carter.

"People say that this is not the same Jimmy Carter who brokered the historic accord between Egypt and Israel," Hier says. "It is unfair, and unworthy of a former president. He should be ashamed of himself frankly."

Link

And your problem is what?

Sounds perfectly honest to me. It's a lot easier to be honest as an ex-pres as opposed to a current one or a candidate, though I do think Carter should maintain a lower profile in international affairs.

Carter is/was honest to a fault.

I suppose you want facts to support this claim. All I have to say to you is this:

"Iâ??ll try to find you some and Iâ??ll bring 'em to ya."

Archived