Carter slams Bush on market crisis

Flashermac

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He ignores the policies begun under Clinton that strong armed banks and mortgage company to loan money to high risk individuals because every American should have a half a million dollar home regardless of their ability to pay for it.

Careful there, bubba, talk like that will get you called a "racist" around these parts.

There's enough of it still around.

<< After Billy Beer stopped production, advertisements appeared in newspapers offering to sell Billy Beer cans for several hundred to several thousands of dollars each. However, since the cans were produced in the millions, the value of a can ranged from 50 cents to one dollar in 1981. It is now quite common to find Billy Beer on eBay. >>

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Beer

I've only heard conservative pundits talk about any kind of blame to be laid on Clinton or CRA.

Interesting that neither Greenspan or Bernanke as well as the present and former Treasury Secretaries have not mentioned either.

This (Clinton, ACORN, CRA) all seem to materialize out of thin air over the last few weeks. Nary a peep beforehand despite Republican control of the white house and congress from 2000 - 2006. More than enough time to do something about it IF that was the case.

All the independent pundits on the matter have not said anything in support of that view. Its all from Sean Hannity, Kudlow and other conservatives and they offer no stats to support the claims.

If its Clinton and the rest to blame, fine, but lets have the numbers to back it up. 60 minutes, as indpendent as you get, did a piece on it and not a peep.

I posted in another thread a couple sources, one from Barrons (sister paper to the right of center Wall Street Journal) and the other from the head of SF Reserve Bank who both rebuff those claims outright.

While I agree with Carter's view, I've always said I am disappointed in his not honoring the tradition of ex Presidents not commenting on the current President or administration. He was afforded the same respect. The same would be said of Clinton to a lesser extent. His wife is in a presidential campaign so any comments about the current administration are in context with the election(he has tempered any criticism he has leveled).

As noted by others, Carter doesn't have a sterling record to suggest he can cast stones at glass white houses.

Anybody remember the gas lines/rationing of gas, 55mph speed limit; 20% prime interest rate. Old Jimmy should stick to what he knows best...shucking peanuts. Instead, he's overusing his peanut brain.

Of course, the GDP grew more under Carter than Reagan...

Cheers,

SD

Archived