Carter slams Bush on market crisis

Flashermac

Back to the post...the former presidents get briefings but not the full story nor in a timely manner. So what Mr. Carter is saying, he is stating with limited data and information as well as be untimely.

In any event, rather rude for this person that is suppose to be so honest and caring...what happened to his daughter Amy? Did she grow up to be a babe? (time to get this thread back on the importatnt items) :sex:

Carter was maybe the 3rd worst president of my life time...after GWB and Reagan. I can't think of a single thing he did that was really any good.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I read a book by Woodward that looked at Carter's presidency in the book. He was largely viewed as aloof and unfriendly. He and Tip O'Neal (the then speaker of the house) didn't get along at all. Surprsingly enough O'Neal got along better with Reagan.

I think HH hit it on the head calling him naive. He was a progressive governor from Georgia but didn't know Washington. Ironically it was his being an outsider that helped in getting him elected.

He tried to do the right thing as he knew it. It was just the wrong actions at the wrong time.

I think he's been spending a lot of his post presidential years trying to rectify an otherwise bad presidency. He's been successful to a large extent culminating in his Nobel prize.

Again, I wish he'd not comment on current administrations.

Back to the post...the former presidents get briefings but not the full story nor in a timely manner. So what Mr. Carter is saying' date=' he is stating with limited data and information as well as be untimely.

In any event, rather rude for this person that is suppose to be so honest and caring...what happened to his daughter Amy? Did she grow up to be a babe? (time to get this thread back on the importatnt items) :sex:[/quote']

Carter was maybe the 3rd worst president of my life time...after GWB and Reagan. I can't think of a single thing he did that was really any good.

He seemed very weak with regards to the hostage crisis. He did have the historic peace between Egypt and Israel. Its got to be the biggest accomplishment of his presidency.

Archived