The Gravey Train

bust

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

One of the Mods just pointed me to this thread and I must say I am pretty disgusted to see some of the posts. Dullnight, bringing someones girlfriend into a discussion and using her to insult a board member is very, very low, even for you.

I will not tolerate such crap and as I certain you are well aware of the rules you have just been shown the door. Please stay away this time, you are not welcome here.

Sanuk!

A question for the people who have been to Burma.

What is the people's attitude with the tourists

(who don no flash their money)

I would like to visit it (especially for a bit of research about WW2).

Thanks for the tips and insight.

drogon

The Burmese a wonderful gentle people just have a fucked up government

Rule number one is don't ask them to discuss their opinion of their government....very dangerous for them.

I have not been there for a couple of years apart from on the boarder so things may have changed but my memories are good.

If you are interested in WW2 you must visit Maymyo about an hour up into the mountains from Mandalay along the Mandalay-Lashio Railway.

This is where the British Officers were stationed during WW2 due to it being much cooler than down in Mandalay. It is thought that George Orwell was inspired for 1984, Animal Farm and Burmese Days while stationed there as a serving officer.

Well worth the effort trust me.

If you do go PT me and I will connect you with some people i know there.

1225454110-Maymyo_today.jpg

Thanks a lot for your info bust.

Of course discussing politics in Burma is probably as dangerous as doing so in Iran (for the local people).

I might plan a visit for next year, I am interested to visit the country which was a major WW2 theatre of war so my travel would focus on this aspect.

I will probably ask further questions in another thread as maybe KS wishes to close this one.

Archived