Australia to implement mandatory internet censorship

Flashermac

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Indeed, democracy only in name. It seems the adults of Australia can't be trusted to behave like adults, or so the government says. Individual responsibility???? No...we can't have any of that!!!!!!!!

I see the usual reference made to freedom...whose freedom? What freedom? More control and manipulation of the masses by those entrusted to do so.

Checks and balances...? Who decides what is censored? How do we find out what's been removed?

Sickening.

Not good news at all, blame protecting children to censure the internet. All the experts say it will slow down the net, and won't do anything useful at all.

Mind you at least it doesn't have the draconian homeland security fascism of the US. "We're going to take away your rights to protect you from terrorists." Amazing the whole country swallowed that BS hook line and sinker.

What pisses me off with this kind of measures is the criminals (no matter if pedos, or other kind of online criminals) will not have problems with that.

Criminals are always a step ahead when it comes to online crime...

The normal people will pay once more for a stupid law (and also pay for it in $ because such a dumbass system costs money)

Guest lazyphil

wants the problem?....book shops, newsagents and librarys have codes of coduct as to what they can put on their shelfs, so internet too should have rules instead of weirdos having totally inpunity to put up what they like. freedoms come with responsibiltys and a good many adults dont display very much of that quite often.

Guest lazyphil

goveernments tell you how fast you can drive, how much you can drink before driving, whether you can own a gun or not, whether you can marry your sister or not etc etc etc, as nobody will self regulate the internet surely someone should??....its what gov does, make rules, so why the hue and cry about the internet, its not been around long and people get so wound up about control of it.

going piking this weekend, gonna be very chilly at night in the fens, i'll be cocooned in 2 sleeping bags!

Hi,

But governments should *never* be allowed to dictate what I think or belief. By censoring what I can read they are effectively limiting my ability to think / belief what I want.

Furthermore, I do not trust governments to do things with my (general my, as in the citizens of a country) best interest at heart. I am much more inclined to belief that they do this to gain more control.

Sanuk!

Archived