Australia to implement mandatory internet censorship

Flashermac

In addition (one of the projects I am currently working on is a criminal investigation one) what I can say having spoken with some of the "customers"

(they are members of EU police forces)

Why does it take months-years to find then gather enough clues about pedo network?

Why is it so hard to track (the serious and dangerous ones) terrorist cells on the web?

Why is it damn difficult to catch or even discover the online criminal gangs?

Because they all are ahead of the police-governments etc...in the technology field.

Also, many beta citizens (geeks?) can easily find way around "online securities etc..."

Let's speak about the stupid French law (which actually conflicts with an EU directive) and the dumb Australian project.

I am sure that me (and a few other people I know) will be able to find a way around this and continue our illegal downloading.

(currently xxx Gbytes of JAV and x Gbytes of casual movies)

I am also damn sure that all the "cyber" criminals (except for a few occasional techonology retarded ones) will not be really upset and will just go more undeground...

Finally, seeing the cost of the current "little" application I am working on I don't want to think about such system development - implementation - maintenance (+ the employees you have to pay to "watch" the net) because the cost will be huge.

Instead of giving funds to the criminal departments to catch the real big criminals

(these departments are notoriously under staffed and under equipped) they prefer in time of crisis to plan, waste time and spend this money on a dumbass project even Orwell didn't create.

And these stupid projects conflict with the privacy protection laws everywhere -> of course the governments might consider this to be a "matter of national security to fight a threat against this same security and protect citizens"

End of the rant against dumbass governments

:cussing::banghead: :onfire:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can imagine the lawsuit if Microsoft's website gets censored accidentaly

:grin:

8% of websites, even if it is only 5% it is already a huge amount of websites.

Can I apply for a censor position in Aussie land?

(because I bet they will try to censore French, Spanish etc... websites too nope?)

Guest lazyphil

i do hear you all and share your concerns. i just think there seems to be alot of hysteria over the internet. we're used to customs checks and ports which is a form of censorship as to what flows into your country (so why not the internet, to say pedos will go underground is daft, its an underground thing already!), yes intrusive but doesn't it serve a purpose?....if not, if one is so angered by governments, like i said do something about it, rise up, rebel, dont just spout... you are sheep, i am a meverick- mantra.

Archived