Australia to implement mandatory internet censorship

Flashermac

meanwhile in France the government seriously considers implenting a system monitoring what people browsing internet are downloading/exchanging.

Why? To protect copyrights

-> the plan would be to monitor all files exchanged so to track the illegal download or P2P exchange...

This is as crazy and as expensive to do...

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK lets say Hypotheticaly the UK Goverment were to ban fishing would you just accept it, afterall you come across as a week willed individual unable to make a decision for yourself and need nanny state to dictate every facet of your life.

Afterall its what the goverment does make rules and you are happy to follow them without hue and cry so you would have no grounds to complain, just follow the rules like a lapdog.

One form of dictatorship that the free thinking world have freedom from now is organised religion but in its being replaced by more rules and regulations that erode individual freedoms of choice and infringe on civil liberties. One of the reasons I decided not to return to the UK was due to the oppressive dictatorship which is getting more suppresive every year because the vast majority of the population such as yourself are prepared to roll over and accept it.

Next you will be saying that the Nazi Minister for Public Enlightenment and Propaganda Joseph Goebbels campaign of "Action against the Un-German Spirit", the literary purge or "cleansing" ("Säuberung") by fire was totaly acceptable because it was ordered by the goverment whos job was to govern.

Guest lazyphil

no i just want to curb peodophilic activities and other vile shit that lurks the www. whats wrong with that?.....if they banned fishing i'd still go regardless, trust me on that. :smirk: cant be policed anyway, armys of anglers would go out on mass, not enough plod to arrest us all :)

weak willed my arse, i'll be out there all weekend in freezing foul weather after the big one :content:

What pisses me off with this kind of measures is the criminals (no matter if pedos, or other kind of online criminals) will not have problems with that.

Criminals are always a step ahead when it comes to online crime...

The normal people will pay once more for a stupid law (and also pay for it in $ because such a dumbass system costs money)

Indeed, spot on. LP's point about pedo material is just dumb. The very nature of this criminal behaviour is that it is hidden and secretive. Do you think it can be stopped by some laws or censoring parts of the internet? How simple-minded are you? It is already removed from the normal public. The hidden parts of the internet are outside the public domain, because they are secretive. How does some civil servant/police officer censor things they are completely unaware of? It is the public domain, open information they seek to curtail. The things people can access easily enough.

The governments of the world seek to control information, because it is power. Control what people read, you therefore influence minds. Simple as. There's a global movement towards this occurring now in many countries. Governments want placid malleable populations to do their bidding, isn't that why we elect them after all? :rolleyes:

Hi,

Yes, LP, the governments were democratically elected, however, I am quite sure they didn't say before the election "If you elect us, we'll censor the Internet. It's for you own good.'.

Also, if a referendum where held (which I know it won't because well the government was elected and knows best), which question do you think they'll ask:

- Do you want us to help fight terrorist and pedos by restricting the Internet?

or

- Do you want us to gain more control over what you can see/read/know by restricting the Internet?

And finally, who gets to decide what should be censored? Most likely a small group of about 20-30 people. Democracy at work? Hardly.

Sanuk!

Archived