The Fox, what a beautiful animal

teddy

my guess is your distaste in fox hunting is class driven?..

It isn't class driven at all. The fish just gets a sore lip for a little bit, a big difference to the poor fox who gets ripped to shreds.

Plus a fox is smart and beautiful, a fish is stupid and boring and smells like stale pussy.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lazyphil

you said it foxes are smart and most get away anyway!.....not class driven then but out of sentimantality. fluffy and cute versus slimy and smelly. you charlaton!

i love foxes,magnificent creatures.

for Years i have watched foxes in my area run around and love seeing the cubs grow up.

the first cat i ever had would play with the cubs and it was a joy to watch.

some see them as vermin and i respect that view and respect that view.

but i don't agree with hunting the animals.

but if people are determined to do it in the name of 'sport' then make it fair.

50 people on horses with 50 dogs chasing one fox is not 'sport'.

one person on horseback and one dog chasing one fox is fairer.

but that wouldn't be fair because the fox would normally win.

poor old human going home empty-handed..........

Foxes are a huge problem in Australia where they were introduced in the 1800s along with rabbits for the purpose of hunting. They've made huge inroads into native wild life which formerly had few natural predators.

When the fur trade was booming shooters kept the numbers down, a fairly humane way of culling them as anything but a head shot spoiled the pelt.

Unfortunately they are now kept in check with poison baits which is probably more painful than being hunted by dogs.

Many have become urbanized and live in city parks where they reap the rich harvest of human garbage and pets.

When I lived in Adelaide I occasionally saw them dead on the road in the inner suburbs.

They're certainly beautiful and intelligent animals which just happen to like killing things.

I disagree Teddy,

Shooting is far too humane for them, they should be chased by a pack of 50 dogs 10 times their own size until they are near to collapse due to physical exhaustion and then ripped to shreds by said dogs as they are drawing their last breath thereby suffering a slow painful death.

Its only fair!

Humans should only be allowed to shoot other humans, that would be fair enough for me :alert:

Like a VP who shot his friends?

Yes, one day the animals (if there is still an ecosystem for them to live in) might well rule the world again.

I love foxes (although I admit the ones infected by rage must be put down), I love bears too (but not crazy enough to get close).

This said, sometimes some regulation has to be applied as, due to the human stupidty (introducing indiscriminately non native animal species in another ecosystem is stupid).

My grandfather used to shoot at all foxes in his property as they killed his beloved cat.

Now my grandmother has a couple of foxes who live as permanent resident in her property as they were continuously shot (illegaly) or poisoned (illegaly too) by surrounding farmers.

At first my grandmother wanted to kill them

(and asked me to illegaly shoot them) but I had her change her mind.

-> now:

No more mouses, neighbours dogs no longer enter her property to go shit).

Funny thing is: This couple usually eats mouses and other small rodents (which were destroying the garden among other things) but when they don't find enough food they come in the middle of the garden and stay there waiting...

of course my grandmother always has some pieces of meat ready for them.

This is a perfect ecosystem -> unfortunately, my grandma is 90+ years old and although jumping around like a 40 years old one, she will leave one day...

About the foxes, it seems they can understand what we do or say

I am thinking about asking the foxes if they would mind being relocated to my sister's property

maybe they will agree?

:beer: (no this is not anthropomorphism but coudl be close)

Archived