The Fox, what a beautiful animal

teddy

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A Fox, running before the hounds, came across a Wood-cutter felling an oak, and besought him to show him a safe hiding-place. The Wood-cutter advised him to take shelter in his own hut. The Fox crept in, and hid himself in a corner. The Huntsman came up, with his hounds, in a few minutes, and inquired of the Wood-cutter if he had seen the Fox. He declared that he had not seen him, and yet pointed, all the time he was speaking, to the hut where the Fox lay hid. The Huntsman took no notice of the signs, but, believing his word, hastened forward in the chase. As soon as they were well away, the Fox departed without taking any notice of the Wood-cutter; whereon he called to him, and reproached him, saying: "You ungrateful fellow, you owe your life to me, and yet you leave me without a word of thanks." The Fox replied: "Indeed, I should have thanked you most fervently, if your deeds had been as good as your words."

Sly foxes always get laid.... :grin:

I know of one who went for a traditional Thai massage the other night and managed to pick her up after work take her hom and pound her all night.

Not bad for an hours interaction.

BBC, 06 11 08

Attacked jogger takes fox for run

An Arizona jogger had an unwelcome companion on a recent run - a fox, hanging on to her arm by its teeth.

The rabid animal had attacked her foot and then as she grabbed its neck, it bit her arm and would not let go.

She ran a mile to her car, where she managed to free herself, wrap the fox in a shirt and throw it in the boot.

It later bit an animal control officer and both jogger and vet received anti-rabies injections, and the fox was confirmed as carrying the disease.

The woman, from Chino Valley south of the Grand Canyon, had been running for a mile when she came across the fox in a clearing.

Although it did not initially appear aggressive, the animal attacked her feet as she backed away, before moving up towards her knee.

When she grabbed the fox by the neck, it closed its jaws around her arm and would not let go, despite her attempts to choke it.

Fearful that it was indeed rabid, she ran to her car and managed to free herself and trap the fox in the boot, before driving to a local medical centre.

A statement released by the local Yavapai County Sheriff's Office notes that "it is very difficult to prevent the attack of a wild rabid animal once in progress.

"Although containing the animal for testing is beneficial, immediate treatment is always the priority."

Archived