black/african people around soi 5

belfastish

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most of them come from Nigeria...

Through the years I happened to speak with a few of them (who mainly came to me to sell me stuff).

What is happening in Thailand is exactly the same which happened here in Spain.

People from mainly western Africa emigrate then launch small illegal business/traffic.

They seem to have the aptitude to sell-do small illegal things which never put them really in danger...

It always amazed me that these folks stay in Thailand (and got a visa) when it is so difficult for us to get one or stay on a long term basis...

(and they don't meet the money in bank account requirements, retirement, business visa etc..)

TIT

They used to hang out on "Soi Africa", the last small side soi before the Grace going from Soi 3 to Soi3/1. Last year, the police descended on that soi and detained dozens of Blacks, arresting ten or eleven for immigration violations and busting a drug distributor in a nearby hotel.

That soi has since be re-developed into a more upscale shopping arcade.

This has left most of them hanging in the Fortuna Arcade and Gullivers. There are usually a few cops in Gullivers so some accommodation must have been reached.

There was a link posted on this board a couple of years ago detailing the plight of the 300+ Nigerians incarcerated in Thai prisons.

300+ Nigerians?

I have no problem with these folks in Thailand.

Neither do I have problems with the quite big Western African community here in Madrid.

This said, they have a problem, why do they choose not to work regular jobs but prefer small traffics?

(here mainly: copies of brand clothes, copies of CD/DVD in the subway etc...)

I neve met a single black from western Africa here who was working in a regular job...(compared to Indian South Americans who do all the work that Spanish people don't want to do anymore).

These folks choose to either survive by doing deals or small traffics on the side or by using the social security system, fine for me but then they shouldn't complain when they have problems with the law...

One of the nigerian folk I talked to for quite a long time in BKK (was 7-8 years ago) admitted he was dealing some gems...

-> I don't see why Thai law should be more lax with them than with farangs.

There was a link posted on this board a couple of years ago detailing the plight of the 300+ Nigerians incarcerated in Thai prisons.

That apparently is a very serious situation for a westerner in thai prisons. Not having the thais to back them up farangs tend to get targeted by the Sudanese and Nigerians. Lot of stand over and violent attacks sometimes over a bowl of rice.

Archived