Recommended for Discomfort

Wallenda

If you take antibiotics and stop before you are suppose, all you have done is killed the weak bacterias and left the stronger ones to multiply.

You may have a resistant strain that is not completely eliminated by the antibiotics you took. This is one reason people were urging you to see a doctor and not self diagnose and self treat.

OK don't worry, I'll be continuing to take antibiotics for awhile. The one good point made by some of those guys I reacted to, which I should have acknowledged, is that they're right about the wisdom of going to a doctor. Reading what I wrote above, maybe I did overreact a bit to the parts I was interpreting as slams.

Just out of curiosity, if I did go to a doctor, how would they determine what it was exactly?

I remember when I went to a doc in the US years back, he just asked a few questoins and prescribed... I think it was tetracycline. Fuzzy memory, sorry. Pretty sure that was it because I remember thinking how strange it seemed that it was the same med I'd had prescribed for acne years earlier. And he said it was gonnorhea. But he didn't take a blood or urine sample. How is it done in Thailand these days? Do they check carefully to make sure what it is?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived