Thailand seems to be racing to a point of no return

Mentors

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gaddie - before we all assume we can't name who is behind PAD, there is from what I know a split within that power base as well.

This isn't a 2 way battle - in fact it's more like a 3 or 4 way battle with the enemy of my enemy is my friend, but only for today.

Other events that may overtake the un named power will end those current agreements between PAD supporters.

Gaddie - before we all assume we can't name who is behind PAD, there is from what I know a split within that power base as well.

This isn't a 2 way battle - in fact it's more like a 3 or 4 way battle with the enemy of my enemy is my friend, but only for today.

I agree that it is very complicated - and I suspect there more than four sides to this. Take a look at the Wiki article cited by Flashermac on Sondhi.

During the crisis, I had the "pleasure" of meeting with him several times. He is a classic example of the Sino-Thai â??Thai nationalists of convenienceâ?? that dominate much of Thai business. They are Thai nationalists when it suits their business interests, and, amazingly, they don't get called on it. At least not here.

Back to the original subject - racing to a point of no return. With Sondhi and Chalerm on one side, and Thaksin on the other, I don't just don't know how this saga will end. This can't go on forever. I am not good at predicting endings and so maybe I am wrong, but I just don't see this one having a happy ending.

More even than now...?

Yes, this is small fry.

I suspect Mr T admires the Burmese way of conducting government...You recall all the censorship on the internet/media previously, the killings, the gross and blatant disregard for the laws, the open corruption.... a dictatorship in all but name.

If this law gets passed, which would allow a convicted criminal to return as a free man, then he can do what he wants. Absolute power beckons. Democracy and the rule of law is no more.

Archived