Thailand seems to be racing to a point of no return

Mentors

Talk to the hand. The unassailable proof is in the shape of the economy after 30 years of GOP control.

Only a fool would characterize thirty years of history by a single snapshot in time. Further, only someone ignorant of history would insist that the present situation is clearly worse than the joblessness and inflation of the late 1970s. America and Americans are far wealthier now than we were in 1978. We have a country that is materially better off in most ways by far. We have better health care, better transportation, better communications and information technology, more and better food, better homes, better clothing and personal effects, better universities, more leisure, more and better entertainment, etc., etc.

The main thing that is worse is that there are more leftist retards, they hold greater power, and they tell ever bigger lies. But we will survive this too.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK its early Sunday morning and I am nursing a hangover the size of a medium country but I do not understand why the fux a Thread about Thailands political situation has gone on a tangent to US Politics.

I don't give a daffy duck about US politics so please stop poisoning our board with this shite!

Back on Topic

Major demonstration last night at Klong Toei Market at 9:30PM, southbound lane of Ratchada was shut. At midnight Rama IV was backed up well past Silom but fortunatley I had a Taxi driver who could understand my bad Thai and followed my directions via the sub sois.

Any violence so far? It's amazing that 1) PAD can continue to occupy Government House and 2) PDD can attack them with grenades and nothing be done against them over it.

At times it looks like there is no functioning government - especially when the honest, well liked guv of Bangkok was forced to resign over something Samak did. Can't say the courts play favourites.

:dunno:

Archived