Emergency Exit Plan

unit731

Yep and they look pretty well equipped and rather professional.

I never saw the suk 22 station firefighters in action but I saw them pass on the road many times.

Always 1-2 motocycles with flashing lights to open the way, followed by a car with flashing lights and loudspeaker to further open the way then the fire trucks...

Impressive and I awas always amazed to see Thai drivers getting out of their way.

Although for sound and light show I would say Madrid beats any other city:

Take your mobile, call the police and tell them my dog put a bomb in this street or started a fire

-> always X (never saw less than 7-8) or XX police cars/guardi civil rushing to the place + xx ambulances and firefighters trucks.

I asked once to a guardia civil guy why so many cars rush to the place where an emergency happens and he told me that every time there is an emergency call -> all vehicles of all services in the zone have to rush there....

(and as Spain suffers from terrorism -> there is always a shitload of emergency vehicles in the streets)

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The firehouse at the airport looks to be well equipped. I pass the firehouse at On Nut on Suk and the equipment looks old but well kept.

I know several firemen in the USA and they are all stand up guys!

Maybe some code worldwide? Have to be brave to run into a burning building to save people!!!

Yes, it seems there is a "esprit de corps" among firefighters similar to the one present in other institutions (police, army etc...)

Don't know if this is the case in Thailand.

About the airport firefighters -> they have to comply to the world regulations (training, equipment etc...) otherwise the ICAO would flag LOS.

Only time I have seen the FD in action is when President Park had a fire back in 2001. The fire was on about the 10 storey or so, and they showed up with this huge pumper with nozzle mounted on a boom. The stopped right in front, put the footers out, cranked that boom up to the window and in 10 seconds had the fire down.

TH

NEP are MBK bad but you always have the car park at MBK... Now, ONCE I atended a party in what Nana Hotel calls a suite (sour) and I would say that the f#ing place is a fire trap.. Look filthy !@@#$%^& pigs are spreading their kind of religion all over the world. It was like Soi three, I'm still convinced that yellow shirts are some how related to bin Laden.... no quetion... They pick a non violent country and get violent! Go Red Shirts.... I support you 100%!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived