Suvarnhaphumi starting to reopen!

Mentors

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That might be technically correct, that one could come in from Taipei and change planes in BKK to go somewhere in Europe, but calling it a hub is almost like splitting hairs.

The link you posted listed only one hub for Singapore Airlines - Changi. But I could cite examples of their hub operations at NRT and SEL and some others, I'm sure, by this definition.

Of course, BKK doesn't want to lose any flights, but these are small operations.

Suvarnabhumi operates at full capacity

Suvarnabhumi International Airport is back to full operation on Monday, with all international flights resume their routes to and from the airport that serves as Asia's fourth-busiest aviation hub.

According to Airports of Thailand (AoT), all international flights that had suspended operations while People's Allaince for Democracy (PAD) supporters occupied the airport for eight days have resumed their services.

It also said that problem concerning the display of flight schedules on monitors has been solved.

The AoT will call a meeting with related agencies on Thursday to estimate costs of damage, which result from the closure of the airport by the anti-government protesters.

The board may also discuss actions the AoT would take against the PAD protesters.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/topstories/topstories.php?id=135240

ready to serve me in a few days :):beer:

Archived