Whoring as a part of Thai Culture

PhilAnders

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Southern Muslim Thai men? I know some Thai wives go along with the mia noi thing. Some have even gathered all the families together that the husband has created. Many do keep in touch with the sisters and brothers their fathers had by all the women and it all becomes one large extended family helping each other out due to their all being 'blood'. I've even heard of wives 'looking' for a new minor wife for their husband, one they choose, and one I suspect they feel they can control and watch over and ensure she does not usurp the mia luang's authority and income.

Most Thai women I know though have been abandoned by the husband eventually for a younger 'mia noi', and they are not happy about it. You do hear the stories after some time living here. Hell, a few years back I read about some Thai guy with like a dozen wives all helping him with his business, and he had a ton of kids and they all get along. But then he is very rich I think I read in that article. The 'fishball' king of the LOS with shops all over the country I think it was.

Most Thai women I know though have been abandoned by the husband eventually for a younger 'mia noi', and they are not happy about it. You do hear the stories after some time living here. Hell, a few years back I read about some Thai guy with like a dozen wives all helping him with his business, and he had a ton of kids and they all get along. But then he is very rich I think I read in that article. The 'fishball' king of the LOS with shops all over the country I think it was.

Living in Bangkok, well suburbs, I've noticed a different trend, though the root cause may be the same. Wife hangs out with the morning mothers breakfast crowd where they all meet up for early morning soup after dropping the kids at school, two are very actively in search of almost anything male to have some fun with, since this is a predominantly Thai area there are few farangs, if one shows up around here they tend to make him feel like a piece of meat. Another one is married to a farang but very much still in play. If they all go out together as happens from time to time it gets wild, quick! These are ladies from late 20's to mid 40's.

My impression is that their husbands are all involved with other women so why shouldn't they get some fun where they can. Most are on their second Thai husbands, have kids with both. They don't seem to have problems with that sort of thing. I think more rural communities are more conservative but big city folks seem to be more relaxed about it. Of course for the most part they don't live amongst their extended family and can do as they please.

Archived