Happy Birthday, Adolf Hitler!

beano

The predisposition of human beings to form groups of like-minded types and require a leader is well researched. Most people need leadership. Most people seek to belong to groups. There are surprisingly few who are self-aware as well as able to accurately perceive those around them and are also comfortable with themselves. Very few. Some of the most imminent shrinks I've met, with published research and books adorned with their names, have been totally lacking in insight, despite years of training.

Insight is a gift and a curse. It enabled me to be the best at what I did, but at the same time you might not like what you see around you. It's never driven me crazy, it made me lose faith in humanity though. We are a highly dysfunctional mass and prone to retarded development, mostly because of the shit we carry inside us, but are unaware of.

Imparting insight is nigh on impossible. Very few learn without having to experience first. It is generally useless to inform those around you of their deficits, so I don't bother. You only end up pissing people off and because of the complexity involved, misunderstanding results leading to conflict. Whilst conflict is a useful way in, most people can not resolve this. They don't and wont "get it". Folks such as RY are victims of this, they are reactive to stimulus, but don't appreciate meaning. Meaning is conceptual. Most people do not possess conceptual intellectual functioning. Piaget found this out decades ago.

I'm rambling again, tired and too lazy to write a long explanation. It does require a thorough and lengthy post, but I really don't know who's interested.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not me, I have two sister that are psychologist, I have heard way to much of this stuff in my lifetime.

Now that I have that off my chest, I do have to admit it has been extremely useful in my life to understand a lot this and how it has impacted some really stupid decisions I have made in my life.

:help:

TH

The predisposition of human beings to form groups of like-minded types and require a leader is well researched. Most people need leadership. Most people seek to belong to groups. There are surprisingly few who are self-aware as well as able to accurately perceive those around them and are also comfortable with themselves. Very few. Some of the most imminent shrinks I've met, with published research and books adorned with their names, have been totally lacking in insight, despite years of training.

Insight is a gift and a curse. It enabled me to be the best at what I did, but at the same time you might not like what you see around you. It's never driven me crazy, it made me lose faith in humanity though. [color:red]We are a highly dysfunctional mass and prone to retarded development, mostly because of the shit we carry inside us, but are unaware of.[/color]

Imparting insight is nigh on impossible. Very few learn without having to experience first. It is generally useless to inform those around you of their deficits, so I don't bother. You only end up pissing people off and because of the complexity involved, misunderstanding results leading to conflict. Whilst conflict is a useful way in, most people can not resolve this. They don't and wont "get it". Folks such as RY are victims of this, they are reactive to stimulus, but don't appreciate meaning. Meaning is conceptual. Most people do not possess conceptual intellectual functioning. Piaget found this out decades ago.

I'm rambling again, tired and too lazy to write a long explanation. It does require a thorough and lengthy post, but I really don't know who's interested.

Cool! L. Ron Hubbard eat your heart out!

:beer:

Faust, I don't need to defend Rogie because I know he can defend himself.

Also, how can you come to your conclusion about rogie without ever actually meeting him? People seem to be very different in person than they are online, wouldn't you agree?

I dunno, some people think I'm an asshole online as well as in the real world...

But of course they are wrong... :neener:

My conclusions about RY are based upon his writings, so sure I could be wrong, but he does like to project his personality. I actually hope I'm wrong.

I'd really like to meet him. I've made many posts inviting him for a drink here, all have been ignored. I'm sure we could get along.

Personally I see this all as fun and games and I don't hold grudges or harbour resentment....but that's just me. I'm rarely offended and really can't be bothered to get riled up. I'm guilty of playing games on occasions and stooping to childishness, but I never claimed to be perfect!

The predisposition of human beings to form groups of like-minded types and require a leader is well researched. Most people need leadership. Most people seek to belong to groups. There are surprisingly few who are self-aware as well as able to accurately perceive those around them and are also comfortable with themselves. Very few. Some of the most imminent shrinks I've met' date=' with published research and books adorned with their names, have been totally lacking in insight, despite years of training.

Insight is a gift and a curse. It enabled me to be the best at what I did, but at the same time you might not like what you see around you. It's never driven me crazy, it made me lose faith in humanity though. [color:red']We are a highly dysfunctional mass and prone to retarded development, mostly because of the shit we carry inside us, but are unaware of.[/color]

Cool! L. Ron Hubbard eat your heart out!

:beer:

Hmmmm, I was writing this from the point of view of a psychologist. Mr Hubbard I've no respect for! If you're curious I can explain more about what I meant, it relates to personal as well as societal development.

YF:

People IRL are no different from who they are online, just some of their "inhibitions" showing up online...but they are still the same people.

There are perverts online -> they are as much perverts IRL, they just hide it.

Keyboard warriors online can also be warriors IRL or they could be very shy but don't push the "warrior mod" button...

RY IRL might well be less "big mouth" but he would still think the same.

Archived