Happy Birthday, Adolf Hitler!

beano

Happy birthday, Adolf Hitler! Boy with nazi leader's name denied ShopRite cake.

This Hitler youth is blond-haired, blue-eyed and just turned three.

Adolf Hitler Campbell is the middle child of three kids given Nazi-themed names by their parents, including a dad who denies the Holocaust occurred and decorates his home with swastikas.

"They're just names, you know," father Heath Campbell told the Easton Express-Times. "Yeah, they (the Nazis) were bad people back then. But my kids are little. They're not going to grow up like that."

Adolf has two sisters, JoyceLynn Aryan Nation and Honszlynn Hinler Jeannie. The latter, just eight months old, was named for Nazi leader Heinrich Himmler.

The bizarre names came to public attention after a local ShopRite declined to provide the Holland Township, N.J., family with a cake inscribed "Happy Birthday Adolf Hitler."

"Other kids get their cake," Campbell complained. "I get a hard time. It's not fair to my children. How can a name be offensive?"

The kids are growing up in a home festooned with a swastika in every room. The father wears boots that once belonged to a Nazi soldier, and claims a relative was a member of Hitler's feared Schutzstaffel.

The parents insist they are not racist, although they don't believe in mingling the races.

And Heath Campbell claims he doesn't understand why people are shocked when they hear his son's full name.

Someone give him a history book.

Link

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nope: The use of the swastika in Thailand has nothing to do with Sanskrit symbolism and everything to do with being plain fucking stupid.

http://teakdoor.com/famous-threads/19225-thewphaingarm-school-bangkok-celebrates-nazism.html

This is a school sports day in Thailand. I don't want to link directly to Teak Door 'cos I think it is against the rules, but check this out at your leisure.

There's an old chestnut that Hitler's mob reversed the swastika. No they didn't. Either way round it was, and continues to be seen, in India for instance.

On topic: Beano, in the USA there are no laws which forbid people of calling their children with stupid names?

I wasn't talking about Sanskrit but about the symbol being used in Buddhist art (manji) or for other purposes in Asia.

You can also find the swastika in China or Japan as the swastika had a large meaning as a symbol of good health, good luck...even in Germany prior to WW2 and it still has this signification in many Asian countries.

So yes, even for a student, I am not sure it was meant as a reference to Nazism...

The incident the thread/link you submitted is not connected to the sighting made by FS.

Prussian eagle + SA uniforms kind + swastika = undoubtly a celebration of nazism.

A student car spotting the swastika and the Che could well retain the Asian signification of good luck and good health.

But I concede that it could also be another plain act of stupidity/ignorance by a jerk.

About the swastika itself:

Even the nazis did alter its orientation.

Left or right facing is irrelevant in the case of the nazi flag as it was a "Through and through" flag type, note that on most military equipment it had a 45 degrees orientation....

So wheter the nazis did or didn't reverse is irrelevant while the symbolism is...

Happy birthday, Adolf Hitler! Boy with nazi leader's name denied ShopRite cake.

This Hitler youth is blond-haired, blue-eyed and just turned three.

Adolf Hitler Campbell is the middle child of three kids given Nazi-themed names by their parents, including a dad who denies the Holocaust occurred and decorates his home with swastikas.

"They're just names, you know," father Heath Campbell told the Easton Express-Times. "Yeah, they (the Nazis) were bad people back then. But my kids are little. They're not going to grow up like that."

Adolf has two sisters, JoyceLynn Aryan Nation and Honszlynn Hinler Jeannie. The latter, just eight months old, was named for Nazi leader Heinrich Himmler.

The bizarre names came to public attention after a local ShopRite declined to provide the Holland Township, N.J., family with a cake inscribed "Happy Birthday Adolf Hitler."

"Other kids get their cake," Campbell complained. "I get a hard time. It's not fair to my children. How can a name be offensive?"

The kids are growing up in a home festooned with a swastika in every room. The father wears boots that once belonged to a Nazi soldier, and claims a relative was a member of Hitler's feared Schutzstaffel.

The parents insist they are not racist, although they don't believe in mingling the races.

And Heath Campbell claims he doesn't understand why people are shocked when they hear his son's full name.

Someone give him a history book.

Link

So RY has kids....

Archived