Bush withdraws 1 of 19 pardons he issued Tuesday

cavanami

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are actually 'pardon attorneys' at the Executive Branch that do the official pardon. There is a process that takes place before the verbal or written pardon from president gets executed. This verbal or written pardon from G. Bush had not yet reached the 'pardon attorneys' and therefore was never executed.

G. Bush withdrew this pardon before it became final or legally executed.

I used to know someone who knew someone else and that person knew a legal assistant. My information is therefore undisputable.

Wrong-o. To wit:

[color:purple]The current system of having the Pardon Attorney create certificates of pardon only goes back to the Eisenhower administration, and was then apparently only done to relieve the president of the chore of signing so many pardons and commutations. I spoke to former Pardon Attorney Margaret Colgate Love (1990-1997) who told me that "receiving the president's warrant and sending notifications to the petitioners is purely 'a ministerial act of notification.'" In layman's terms, at this end of the transaction, the Pardon Attorney's role is really just a matter of paperwork. "When we received the Master Warrant from the president," said Love, "what our job was was to notify them, by telephone, and eventually by written notification. The document evidenced the president's action. We never assumed that that document had any necessary legal significance."

So just as a factual matter, the idea that the Pardon Attorney needs to 'execute' the pardons seems to be bogus.[/color] Link

I'm too cynical. My thought is that Bush withdrew his pardon when certain details came to light. However (according to my theory), Bush fully intends for the pardon withdrawal to not be upheld. Thus, Toussie walks and Bush can claim that he tried to undo a "mistake." Voila; win-win for the scumbag GOPers.

Cheers,

SD

Waaaaaaaay to much power.

Just watched video where Bill Cilntonm, with Exective Order 128986 FUCKING GAVE AWAY just about ALL the US National Parks to the UN....WTF!!!

Also, Russia now has offices in the Presido in San Francisco in the USA...

Fucking Bill Clinbton sold out America!!!!!!!

Executive Order 12986....look it up

Fucking Traitor...hang the prick!!!!!!!

Much of the protocal concerning the presidency was set during George Washington's (first president) 2 terms in office, including traditionally only running for 2 terms (up to FDR). From waht I've read, he could have turned the presidency into a kingship if he had wanted to.

True. As much as the founders fought to create a Republic, we must understand they all lived in a world where monarchies were the order of the day. Washington saved the early republic in essence. He could have had the executive branch far more powerful than it would have otherwise.

At times in history each branch has had more power than the others. The judicial less so but the Marshall court (cheif justice John Marshall in the early 1800s) was the first time the judicial held a lot of power.

FDR was criticized and called a 'King' by some because it was believed he overstepped the boundries of power that the executive branch held.

Getting back to pardons, as I said before, I would like to see this 'modernized' with some restrictions.

Archived