Subway security getting ridiculous?

khunsanuk

Madrid?

If I compare the BKK subway with the Madrid one I choose the BKK one every day without hesitation...

recent incidents:

MDD: Atocha train station (which in fact is the "renfe", similar to RER in France, let's say it is between the subway-train but Atocha station has trains-renfe-subway connections..)

and ETA could one day decide to play the game too

BKK: No bombing to my knowledge

Security cameras: Both have them

Comfort: BKK beats MDD by far

Customers: BKK beats MDD too, especially since people are cleaner in BKK, no beggars or music players, far more cuties and far less overweight women and far less racist comments too...

Ponctuality + mechanical reliance: BKK for sure, not 2 days here without a "traffic incident" etc..

Network: MDD wins but BKK subway is far more recent

And last, security guards:

Both in BKK and MDD they have uniforms.

BKK: They are at the entrance and check your bags and that is all, of course few of them could recognize a grenade and less so an explosive device.

MDD: No checks but they keep strolling through all the stations, they could recognize a grenade except that they are not allowed to search someone.

Quite a lot of incidents when security guards decided to beat someone for the fun (usually someone looking not Spanish) -> some incidents have been widely reported because caught on cameras...

Got myself some troubles one day, the fuckers wanted to check my ID for no reason. (told them to fuck off as they are not allowed to do it by law)

Overall, BKK subway staff can sometimes be dumb and a nuisance but I take BKK subway any day over Paris-Brussels-MDD undergrounds/tube/metro/subways

:beer:

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes there are a few thing I like here:

- Good Spanish food -> landlord is an excellent cook

- Videogames cheaper

- Easiness to travel through Europe

- Law/administration sucks but for everyone without any regards for your race/color/nationality

- Some very nice expats (including some educated Britts) and MDD is great for meeting other EU expats -> as they all think MDD sucks as much as I do. (please note I am talking about expats, not the tourists who all think MDD is a great city but the suckers are here for only a few days/weeks)

:neener::beer:

Sad, there was a not too bad FPS about VN..

:neener:

Depends on your tastes?

I suppose you are not into MMORPG?

Otherwise FPS and RTS maybe?

I am eagerly waiting for Empire total war (from the total war serie) -> I am still playing Rome total war and medieval II total war (modded of course as to be more historically accurate)

PS: KS is going to have both of us executed as this is totally off topic

:neener:

(usually I am the only one going off topic, welcome to my world)

Archived