Prediction: U.S. Civil War By 2010

Steve

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What I find interesting is the type of weapons being sold at gun stores and gun shows and the amount of ammunition.

There has been a major shift in the last few years toward assault weapons and cases of ammo. It is common to go to a gun show and see people carrying away a case or two of .223 ammo in case lots of 1000 rounds.

There is a large interest in body armour, camoflague, flares, survival equipment and parts to repair weapons.

I would say that some people believe the country is going to be divided up. The main belief is the country will be divided along the Mississippi River. Another belief is the same as just mentioned but Texas, California, Hawaii and Alaska will become seperate countries.

I would say that some people believe the country is going to be divided up. The main belief is the country will be divided along the Mississippi River. Another belief is the same as just mentioned but Texas, California, Hawaii and Alaska will become seperate countries.

I disagree. I think the main belief is that Obama will try to enact legislation banning the guns then try to come get them.

Not gonna happen anything soon!

1. People in the US move around alot and with many people living and working in a different state than they grew up in.

2. The states and regions are too economical tied together especially in an economic downturn.

It is all wishful thinking for the Russians, sour grapes from the Soviet Union breaking up.

Frankly, I didn't put much stock into it, but thought it was interesting nonetheless. The one fissure I see within the U.S. that I've read could happen is a generational divide between generation x and y probably having to see a large portion of their wages go toward supporting social security and medicare/medicaid for the baby boomers (born 1946-1964). The latter will be top heavy in the population as many as 80 million about to go on the social security rolls soon.

The klan, black panthers and other such groups who allign themselves radically and racially thought there would eventually be race war a generation (perhaps there is a poster that still believes it..hehehe) or so ago but there are way too many blacks in middle class (more than you think) for that to happen. 40 years ago it would have been mainly about economic differnces. Those differences have been eroding, although a fairly large underclass exists.

There is a possibility that parts of the American southwest becomes bilingual eventually. Depends on whether latinos eventually become integrated to the point where they view themselves as Americans primarily but still hold on to some things cultural not unlike Italian Americans and Jewish Americans when they came in large numbers decades ago. The military is becoming increasingly latin and that institution instills a lot of nationalism. Also, its the fringe Mexican Americans that have the 'reconquista' viewpoint of making the southwest Mexican again. Salvadoreans, Guatemalans, Hondurans and other central americans do not share that viewpiont generally and want their children to become 'American' and take part in the American 'dream' like their european immigrant forebearers 150 years ago. Salvadoreans especially do not get along with Mexicans.

Guest lazyphil

<>

Noooo, make it Indian again. i'm sick to death of this latino mantra. i.e. we were here before 'americans'....its indian you fucking fools!

Archived