Prediction: U.S. Civil War By 2010

Steve

how can you be so flippent about the indian genocide?

I wasn't being flippant about genocide.

Rather' date=' I was being flippant about reflexive leftist myth-mongering.

Not same same.[/quote']

?? Native Americans were not immuned to european diseases. Not only small pox but chicken pox, typhus, dysentery, and other maladies and they were also more susceptible to alcoholism than most. That is a fact. How is that 'reflexive leftist myth-mongering'?

I don't think that Europeans were immune to the diseases you mention. :smirk: (In fact, prior to modern medicine, vaccinations and anti-biotics were not available to anybody.)

HH

HH

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It doesn't exactly trip off the tongue, so I wouldn't anticipate widespread uptake and common usage anytime soon.

It requires an agile tongue, granted, but it rewards the listener with assonance, alliteration, and insight.

I think it compensates well the effort expended to pull it off.

It doesn't exactly trip off the tongue' date=' so I wouldn't anticipate widespread uptake and common usage anytime soon. [/quote']

It requires an agile tongue, granted, but it rewards the listener with assonance, alliteration, and insight.

I think it compensates well the effort expended to pull it off.

The alliteration I can go with, the assonance is a bit of a stretch and the insight...well I don't feel any substantial insight is gleaned by such a phrase, it just incapsulates a well known concept, which could be equally applied to the right wing as well.

For the sake of equality and balance, I feel a phrase to describe conservative behaviour should be devised. One that is also damning and derisory.

With some States having a hard time balancing their budget and in some cases looking for a bailout, I think the idea of the USA collapsing within is possible.

The State of California would go back to probably being the Republic of California along with Texas becoming once again the Republic of Texas. Hawaii would return not as a Kingdom but probably as a Republic also. Alaska has been talking about breaking away from the USA for some time so that should not be such an easy task. There is the possibility that New Mexico and Arizona would go back as being a territority and then set themselves up as a soverign nation. The rest of the country will probably be broken into 2 countries divided by the Mississippi River.

If this should happen, the cause of the breakup will probably be traced back to the 8 years of GWB. If this happens, his legacy will be a legacy that will be remembered for a long time.

Archived