Bushism's...how we'll miss them!

Faustian

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wrong RY. People understand conservatism' date=' but reject its antiquated anachronistic ways.[/quote']

Tell that to mainsail. He was the one who claimed ignorance of a simple, thoroughly discussed tenet of conservatism.

I understand it just fine. Ignorance is not the same thing as incredulity. It was simply a point of discussion. I thought that was what we are doing here but it seems to be degenerating into infantile name calling.

RY's forte, sadly. I await his much vaunted honesty, which he's been so fond of mentioning. I've yet to witness it.

Wm. F. Buckley had his time and his role. He dedicated a good portion of his career to patiently and politely explaining conservatism to people who were genuinely ignorant on the subject.

This is a new time.

It sure is. Buckley didn't have to deal with the internet and people who've reduced political discourse to a slanging match.

Next time you talk to your supervisor tell him you need a refresher course in manners.

I have never really understood the "respect for life" and pro-life stance of the conservatives. It certainly is hypocritical to their capital punishment and pro-war position.

People who are not retarded' date=' lying children hold you in utter contempt when you say things as shallow and trivial as this.[/quote']

William Buckley the most erudite and witty conservative columnist who ever lived, discussed those subjects ad infinitum.

That is my point exactly.

Leftists commonly claim not to understand that which has been explained eruditely and at length because leftists are liars.

I understood William Buckley and I understand rogie but for the most part, I agreed with William Buckley but rarely agree with rogie. To most of us, that makes sense. To rogie, it makes no sense. That I understand.

Wm. F. Buckley had his time and his role. He dedicated a good portion of his career to patiently and politely explaining conservatism to people who were genuinely ignorant on the subject.

This is a new time.

It sure is. Buckley didn't have to deal with the internet and people who've reduced political discourse to a slanging match.

Next time you talk to your supervisor tell him you need a refresher course in manners.

One of the most offensive talk host speakers is Mark Levin, 'the Great One'. If he would stop insulting people, I would listen to him more often. The man is a disgrace to his cause. rogie seems to imitate him.

How can a person call themselves a patriot and want Obama to fail?

Stupid question.

If one believes that Obama' date=' wittingly or unwittingly, wants to implement policies that will harn America then one will want Obama to fail out of concern for the country's welfare.

Try posting something that is not utterly retarded for a change.[/quote']

So your position is that a person who disagreed with Bush hates America and a person who disagrees with Obama loves America? That is why I made the point about healthy debate. Obama himself welcomes debate and opposing ideas. If your strategy is to just subvert the man himself and not propose useful solutions and work toward the common good of all Americans then I think it is pretty obvious who is retarded here.

I believe that is rogie's position in a nut shell.

Archived