Harry Sorry For Racist Insult

Flashermac

Prince Harry has been embroiled in a fresh race row after a video showing him using racist insults was obtained by the News Of The World.

The newspaper reports that the tape was made by the third in line to the throne during his Army training.

It says the prince is heard calling one Asian trainee "our little Paki friend".

The newspaper reported that the videotape was shot by the prince as he was about to embark on training as a combat helicopter pilot in an airport for their flight to Cyprus.

Panning around the floor, over his bored or sleeping fellow trainees, he says: "This is luxury. And here is our first example of possibly how to admin yourself (meaning take care of yourself and your kit) in the terminal awaiting the RAF."

Focusing on his colleagues, Harry comments "now that is bad admin, bad admin" before it tracking over and zooming in on an Asian cadet yards away.

"Anybody else around here?" he asks. "Ah, our little Paki friend... Ahmed."

Ahmed is thought to be Ahmed Raza Khan, a Pakistani who won the award for the best overseas cadet at Sandhurst.

In a separate incident, the 24-year-old is heard calling another officer cadet who is jokingly wearing a veil on his head a "f***ing raghead".

The video, shot in 2006, also shows the Prince joking about his grandmother the Queen - who is Commander in Chief of the British Army - in front of other cadets.

With his Army friends watching on, he is filmed making a joke call to her, saying: "Granny I've got to go, got to go, send my love to the Corgis and Grandpa."

He signs off by saying in front of them: "I've got to go, got to go, bye. God Save You... yeah, that's great."

Referring to the use of the word "Paki", a statement from Clarence House said: "Prince Harry fully understands how offensive this term can be - and is extremely sorry for any offence his words might cause.

"However, on this occasion three years ago, Prince Harry used the term without any malice and as a nickname about a highly popular member of his platoon.

"There is no question that Prince Harry was in any way seeking to insult his friend."

It added that he was using the term "raghead" to mean "Taliban" or "Iraqi insurgent".

Good thing nobody recorded some of the things I said in the Army! :p

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lazyphil

i think most people at some point have made racist jibes in private be you black white asian latino etc etc.....he said sorry, give him a break.

Archived