Harry Sorry For Racist Insult

Flashermac

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Arnt some Pakistanis Muslim, in which case most of Spain was once ruled by the Muslim empire for well over 500 years if memory serves me right....

Almost all Pakistanis are Muslims! There is a small Christian community, and an even smaller Hindu community. Most of the Hindus fled or were killed during the partition of India in 1947, just as many Muslims fled from India into Pakistan. Pakistan thus is a religious community based on exclusivism, like another country everyone is screaming about. Oddly enough, none of these refugees are still in camps. Wonder why not? Partition took place less than a year before the creation of Israel.

:hmmm:

p.s. A Pakistani-American friend once bitched to me about the Moors being expelled from Spain in 1492. He assured me that some day they would reconquer it and restore Islam. (But see ... that's different from Zionism, since they haven't been able to do it yet.)

• 2 months later...
So you didn't find the joke funny (you seemed to at the time) and you refused to watch any more episodes of The Office after the Paki sketch? Again off your high horse. :rolleyes::shakehead

Munchy,

I recall a time when Teddy was in my office looking at my Coronation Street Wall Calendar. It was March, and a picture of Dev and Sunita was on display. Just then, a Malaysian colleague walked in and asked what we were looking at. Teddy explained that 'Corrie' was a popular UK soap opera. The Malaysian guy asked if it was about an Asian couple, to which Teddy replied '[color:black]Oh No - there are normal people in it as well[/color]'.

I nearly fell over. To this day I still have to apologise to that man.

High horse indeed...........

Archived