Harry Sorry For Racist Insult

Flashermac

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Speaking as a Gaijin/Falang/whitey/spook whatever, I agree with teddy mostly. He is in a position of responsibility and lets not forget the dressing up in a nazi costume just a little while back.

He was very sorry about that too...

Seems he hasn't grasped the concepts of being in the public eye or the one about watching what you say, or the other about engaging the brain before acting. Oh well.

Like I give a rats arse really.

Strange, back in Belgium or France we use "paki" too but as a reference to the local night shop (which are almost all owned by pakis...) without the really negative conotation.

What I never understood is why Pakistanese and Indian people are called "Asians" it always made "Asians" I met quite upset when I told them about it...

(seeing the few pakis here in MDD I don't consider them as Asians and neither does the Chinese community)

Strange, back in Belgium or France we use "paki" too but as a reference to the local night shop (which are almost all owned by pakis...) without the really negative conotation.

What I never understood is why Pakistanese and Indian people are called "Asians" it always made "Asians" I met quite upset when I told them about it...

(seeing the few pakis here in MDD I don't consider them as Asians and neither does the Chinese community)

How do you figure that. The border between Europe and Asia goes through the Bosporus straights. Of course they are Asians. That's a geographical fact, like it or not.

regards

ALHOLK

I know what Drogon is saying here and I agree with him. Asia is a vast continent and the Indian/Pakistan people are clearly so different to the Thai's/Singaporeans etc, it seems daft to lump them all together under the title 'Asians'.

I think the Thai's/Singaporeans/Viets etc should keep the title 'Asians' but someone needs to come up with an alternative title for the Indians/Pakistanis.

It worked for us in Europe, we came up with the term 'Scandinavians' for the countries that we didn't want to be associated with.

Archived