Upgrading ADSL bandwidth worth it?

Palatkik

Has anyone experience of upgrading their ADSL account to a higher bandwidth for more money in Thailand? I just have the el cheapo 512kbs from CSLox and wondered if their advertised higher bandwidths are worth the extra cash, as I have heard never to trust advertised rates? Applies to all ISP's not just CSLox, but I am stuck with them already. The Mrs is complaining about the buffering of YouTube!

Thanks for any feedback guys!

I had Buddy Broadband for three years in previous condo. 2mb worked great (average speed 1500). I also have a house in Khon Kaen with True Cable (1mb) and it it rocks. Moved to a new place in BKK a few months ago. It had True 1.5 mb and it was crap. Kept cutting out and slow etc. Owner changed to TOT line (1 mb) and it was not much better. Then she bumped it to 2 mb and still awful. Bottom line - if your building has old phone lines, etc, it doesn't matter what you choose.

Bottom line - if your building has old phone lines, etc, it doesn't matter what you choose.

I don't think that's a problems of old or new phone lines, but of distance to the next DSL distribution box (or whatever this think is called) and the number of DSL lines using this box.

We just moved our office within a city in Germany to a much more central location and to our disbelief our provider dumped us from a 16 Mbit line to a 3Mbit line, because there was no free line available anymore.

Archived