Do Your Thai Friends/Partners Like Non-Thai Foods

expat

Same with my wife. She calls home regularly.

We have met several different Thais here in the states. The one lady is like 60 years old and kinda acts like a mother to my wife.

When we know we are going to be to her town wife calls ahead and tells her we are on the way.

Then places a to go order with her.

We pay her for the food and her time. Kinda funny some times.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My wife will try most any kind of food but really only likes Thai food. In the end she does not like to eat cheese in any form or bread. I find it quite funny that she eats some Thai food we would consider pretty strange but will not eat sushi. As for the Chinese-Thai or Chinese-Japanese restaurants they are terrible. Never been in one we like. Real Thai cooks are supposed to have a certificate that they display at the restaurant and she always looks for that. Although we really only eat Thai food at home and usually try something different if we eat out.

• 2 weeks later...

Like most Thai women my wife is a great cook. First couple of years in Oz we probably had Thai food 5-6 times a week. 8 years later? Maybe 2-3 times a week. She studied Western cooking a couple of years back, and we have travelled quite a bit together, so her tastes have broadened I guess.

Now she loves steak, roast beef, home made pizza, Indian, Japanese, Irish Stew, you name it!

But our favorite? Thai of course! Can't beat it.

Archived