Indian curries

gobbledonk

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Try Pahurat - Bangkok's "India Town" - for reasonably priced and good Indian food. My favourite is the Royal India, almost opposite the Sikh temple. Most of the Injun restaurants outside of Pahurat tend to be very expensive and hardly any better. The exceptions are little places scattered around the city in small sois where you wouldn't expect to find them.

There is a Nepli and Indian restaurant in KSR that is quite all right - upstairs on your right as you go into KSR from the east. The thali is a good buy.

100% with you, Flasher. Pahurat is the place for Indian and Royal India particularly is highly recommended.

I try and make it to the Royal India as often as possible, which usually only means about once every other month.

The point you make about Indian food being so much more expensive outside of Pahurat is so true.

have you tried the one opposite the tavern near me?....pretty good :thumbup: .... the lamb Gurkha is vely good.

Yes I have but you have too wait a long time.

My last couple of visits up your way we've hit the Taj at Cherry Hinton road. :p

When I was up your way regularly I used to use the "Old English Gentlemen" or the "Black Bull" if I was in the mood for running the gauntlet through the Sawston Chav's! :shocked:

Cant remember if it was called 'Rang Mahal', SD, but the place I went to was upstairs looking over Suk (real ambience that..) and conveniently located between Wa. Sq and SC (same side of Suk as the Soi that takes you to SC). Definitely at the higher end of the market, and we were the only customers at 7pm - worried me initially, but people began to arrive later. Food was great, even if the Indian Maitre'D was a bit condescending - BG and punter or not, I assume our money paid his bills just as effectively as the PM's would ?

Archived