bangkok scams shut down

passingthru69

I don't think I have ever been scammed in Thailand. That I know of.

Well' date=' one time, on baht bus, I traveled on 2nd Road from South Pattaya Tai to just past Central Pattaya Road to Carrefour and driver charged me extra. [/quote']

Have you been to the Grand Palace? :neener:

Nope, it was closed for renovation. Luckily this info helped me to avoid paying farang prices at the entrance and I took a tuktuk to buy some extremely cheap gems, because there was promational TAT sale.

:)

I was overcharged on the river taxi boat once. Clever how she did it. She said one price but gave a ticket with a lower price. I got my money back on the overcharge but asked some other farangs what they were charged and then told them to look at their ticket. All of them were over charged and none wanted it corrected.

I had that once on the khlong taxi on the SAEN SAEP canal. Asked the ticket collector how much to my destination and paid, however some Thais overheard him overcharging me and sternly told him to give me the correct price while glaring at him. It was only about 10 Baht though. I guess if he did it to enough farangs in a day, it added up though.

Archived