Current cabfare BKK Airport-Suk ?

gobbledonk

Hi All,

A little over two weeks, so I may as well rekindle the eternal question - what are those robber barons at the ticket booth at Subarnapoom going to stick me for my cab ride into the city (Suk Soi 20) ? Last time I seem to recall they were asking 500 baht - have haggled the privateers to 250 on occasion, then asked myself if my life was worth 250 baht .... (some on the board would argue that it isnt, but thats another post for another time). :smirk:

Thanks,

Gobble

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eh? Use the meter. This is as simple as it gets Gobble! That is, if you use the proper taxi queue and not insist in dodging the system and going up to arrivals (then you're at their mercy).

It runs me B350 (~B250 on the meter, plus the B50 charge, plus tip) to Suk 20 area, +/- B30 based upon traffic. If the driver wants to go tollway, then add B25 for the first part, and B45 for the second (I understand your Thai may not be good enough to tell him how to go to save this) -- sometimes this *is* faster (even tho' you go past and double back), if traffic on Rama IX, Petchaburi and/or Asoke is bad.

Cheers,

SD

Thanks SD - unless 'Pom pasa Thai nit noy !' has replaced every other sentence in the Thai language, you are correct in your assumption ! :smirk:

I was told that the drivers wont turn the meter on - they want to be guaranteed their price up front. Still, if you are paying 350 on such a regular basis, I dont feel so bad about paying 500 : I'll just steal the towels at the hotel to make up for the difference ! :content: :clown::neener:

Who told you that????? They're an idiot.

In the last 100+ trips, only *one* tried to not turn on the meter. And he so did without question after I told him to do so.

That little slip of paper the desk gives you has the driver's contact info on it (name, license # and mo-by #). If a problem, easy to get him into trouble and they know that...

Cheers,

SD

PS -- I've heard tales from more than a few expat (& well-to-do upcountry) Thais getting rolled by airport taxis, paying B700-800 to Fortune Tower area for instance (being too shy to insist on the meter)!

LOL - just got this from the crowd I booked my hotel with :

We have noticed you haven't booked your transfer, do you need an airport transfer ?

Special discount from the Website Selling Price!!!!

Promotion: 902 THB Nett - Absolutely All Inclusive

HotelThailand is offering Cheaper than Ever airport transfer service. A comfortable Nissan Teana / Toyota Camry / Toyota Van will take you from the Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport to the Hotel you booked with us.

Hilarious price, but I love the extra 2 baht on top of the extravagant 900 ! Unless the 'all-inclusive' includes a very friendly female companion, I think I'll pass :smirk:

Haven't had a problem with the new taxi stand at the new airport - EXCEPT the airport in it's wisdom now have one exit gate - still - Taxi service almost like Sillypores.

Years ago the rag over the meter (which was already running) was the last of the taxi con's I've seen. Like Tiger I fly a fair bit - meter is best.

Archived