Bringing the wife and kids to Australia

skirtlifter

Working in Thailand at the moment but am thinking about returning to Australia soon. Would like to take Thai wife etc but feel it would be best (and more acceptable to immigration authorities) to secure employment in Australia first. Would be interested in your take on this matter.

Also is there a set procedure to follow when organising this. Is there a step-by-step site anywhere on the internet. Also, what are both Thai and Australian gov'ts requirements?

I realize this is many questions in one but would appreciate any advice.

Cheers SL :help::doah:

Feel free to move this to Visa section of board

LOS should have no req. on you - in fact they'll be thrilled another foreigner fucked off & you're likely to be much safer & better off :)

If Oz citizen there should be little trouble ahead I imagine without knowing a thing of local req.

Mostly a bit of red tape, but having a job might not be req. less so than a 'home' I'd guess...

If you are legally married (Are you? For how long?), I can't imagine there would be much drama...

Are the kids yours? If step-kids, then you'll either have to adopt them or at least get the father to sign papers abandoning them to the mother. I seem to recall a thread on how to do all that in the past, so do a search.

Cheers,

SD

I did it a few years ago bringing an ex bg gf to Oz for 3 mths then later 6 mths on tourist visas. Dotted all the I's etc (re my financial security and sponsorship of her) and told a few lies as to how we met.

You should have even less problems with a GTG Thai wife.

My ex eventually ran off with my best friend... whoever he is! :)

:beer:

I am going through this now - seems there has recently been granted Per Res visa's to wives still in Thailand - this seems to be a rapid changing area - would suggest calling Embassy because as recent as last year waiting time for passport residency etc went from 3 - 4 years.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived