Factory Bar and Tequila Dragon Shut?

shotover

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tequila Dragon - nice memories of that place about 2 or 3 years ago - one of the better parties we had took place there.

Must have been 3 years, all the photos were on the TBGR site that closed down.

Aye. We need to do that again! Count me in for half of the expense...

Cheers,

SD -- sadly no time to organize it

There's a bit more to the story than just the rent going up at Tequila Dragon. They still hold the lease and the rent still has to be paid whether they are open or not. The new leases were not yet in place anyway.

They have approached people to buy shares in the bar, and if an offer came along to buy the lease outright from them, I am sure they would sell.

Soi 7/1 at one time had the potential to be a good alternative location. The problem with it is that nobody there has a vision for the place hence you get a series of same old same old bar beers.

It is impossible to get all the different owners working together to find ways of attracting punters into the soi. There should IMHO be a sign over the mouth of the soi saying "Soi Eden" or whatever you want to call it, a schedule of Soi parties to draw people in, a general facelift etc etc.

I reckon there will be a few more bars struggling there this coming year which is a shame because at one time the place had potential. Still has if only someone could take the place by the scruff of the neck.

There should IMHO be a sign over the mouth of the soi saying "Soi Eden" or whatever you want to call it, a schedule of Soi parties to draw people in, a general facelift etc etc.

There's no such thing as Soi Eden. The BIB at Delphi Forums have put 'Eden' in the word filter. :p

There's a bit more to the story than just the rent going up at Tequila Dragon. They still hold the lease and the rent still has to be paid whether they are open or not. The new leases were not yet in place anyway.

They have approached people to buy shares in the bar, and if an offer came along to buy the lease outright from them, I am sure they would sell./quote]

Appreciate the feedback from all.

If the TQ owners are still paying rent, I'm surprised they actually stopped operating.

A regular group of Danish and Scandinavian expats regularly visited this bar.

I would think revenue just from this core group should cover operating costs, and at least partially cover the fixed rental cost.

No doubt other factors at play here.

Is there a dominent landlord on Soi 7/1, or many individual owners?

Mainly individual owners - you have Thomas at Absolute (if he's still around that is), Rob at Down Under, Andrew had Boosahbah which he has now sold plus he held the master lease of another bar and so on and so on.

When we were organizing the Nanapong Dance Contests we always used to say "never work with Children, Animals or Thai Bar Girls".

I think you can add bar owners to that list :)

Mainly individual owners - you have Thomas at Absolute (if he's still around that is), :)

Thomas is gone for good this time. Fairly reliable sources say this is a bt 24 mil contract out on him persued by a group from Marce. Absolute, Ring, Magic Table taken over by a certain Papa. The Moroccan resturant on Soi 12 I guess Fat John (Mr. Personality) will inherit.

New Wave-not heard about that yet.

Cest La Vi !

Archived