Cost of Living (Survival) in LOS ?

sidsanuk

Guest lazyphil

reminds me of this quote in conair!!

Garland Greene: What if I told you insane was working fifty hours a week in some office for fifty years at the end of which they tell you to piss off; ending up in some retirement village hoping to die before suffering the indignity of trying to make it to the toilet on time? Wouldn't you consider that to be insane?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if you live in rural issan you can live on fresh air its so cheap ,but the boredom factor will get you in the end . that assumes living in a nice teak shack with the mossies . But if you live in a town just spend it all and then get lashed up and jump off a convenient balcony . no worries about parkinsons ,or altzeimers or loose bowels etc ..

UHC, United Health care, until March or so where it runs out unless I pay the $900/month for the COBRA insurance coverage.

Ugh!!!! DON'T get me started *those* cunts! Suffice to say that my #1 daughter's auto accident ("not at fault" per the coppers) in 2007 was considered a "pre-existing condition" and they refused to pay! STILL fighting them (even tho' clearly covered contractually)! After paying US$18+k -- for less than 24 hours hospital service -- out of pocket, to preserve her credit rating!

Sorry: :topic:

Cheers,

SD

It would have been cheaper to fly her to LOS (or Mexico, for that matter) for any non emergency medical treatment. If I could find a U.S. health insurance policy that gave a substantial discount to have non emergency treatment done in a cheaper country (like LOS), I'd buy it in an instance. You never hear about the good health insurance companies, that don't put profits over health care costs.

Sure, but when you've got to deal with emergency services (like cutting her out of a wreck), ambulances, back braces, etc., that option is non-existent (that $18k bill was for less than 24 hours care!). And paying $1200+/mo for coverage, you expect more...

Cheers,

SD -- and people have the balls to ask why I am militantly for universal healthcare for the USA ala Oz or France...

Archived