Panel on student prostitution

Faustian

A job I'm sure many would wish to have...and how honest will the monitors be? And who is going to monitor the monitors?

Btw, as a long term hi5 user, most block normal users from seeing their profile, you have to be accepted as a friend first, so I don't see how this is possible.

Maybe some guys volunteered....you can see it now;

Male official...."Hey, I've got this great idea........no need to pay me, I'll do it for the good of the nation"

Finally, The comment about some students wanting a luxurious life suggests to me this is almost an advert!!!!! Hardly off putting...

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2009/02/10/national/national_30095316.php

Panel on student prostitution

By The Nation

Published on February 10, 2009

The Education Ministry will set up a working group to monitor students engaged in "direct-sale" prostitution through socialnetwork websites like Hi5, the minister's secretary Sutham Natheethong said yesterday.

He has asked the ministry's general inspector Niwat Nakhavej to study the problem, following concern expressed by Prime Minister Abhsit Vejjajiva and Education Minister Jurin Laksanawisit.

"If this problem still exists, it sets a bad example for students who might see it as an easy way to a luxurious life," he said.

Sutham will ask the education minister to establish the working group to find out ways to prevent such behaviour.

It will randomly monitor students who post their profiles to attract customers for directsale prostitution. Students caught involved in the activities will first be warned by inspectors. If they are found to have claimed falsely the name of any educational institution during their prostitution dealings, they will be prosecuted.

"If we find they really have a lot of problems, we will ask the student loan fund to help them," he said.

Hi,

"If they are found to have claimed falsely the name of any educational institution during their prostitution dealings, they will be prosecuted."

Isn't this a bit odd? Apparently it is a bigger crime to claim to be studying at a university than to sell your body. Odd.

Sanuk!

Am I the only one who has thoughts like these when I see news items like this:

"Where do I find these students? How much do they charge? I'd love to be a mentor for a starving student!"

Yes, it's just you, we are all pure of spirit and thoughts. Heaven forbid there are others like you who would willingly pay a university student to do the deed with them!

Please find the nearest available catholic church and repent your sins...the devil must be cast out from your soul!

Amen brother!

Hi5? One Thai student who has graduated in the last few years invited me, about 6 months ago, to this network. After joining, I was getting all of this weird shit from a bunh of her friends. Maybe I got to go back and look at this site once more.

I've never seen the much talked about ladies offering their services...most peoples profiles are private. Maybe there have been a couple doing this, but it would be like trying to find a needle in a haystack! Overblown hype if you ask me, but what do I know...?

I feel it is yet another moral crusade, reminding people how they should behave, the underlying message is clear...more to come.

Hi,

"If they are found to have claimed falsely the name of any educational institution during their prostitution dealings, they will be prosecuted."

Isn't this a bit odd? Apparently it is a bigger crime to claim to be studying at a university than to sell your body. Odd.

Sanuk!

This is in keeping with the notion that student hookers are more desirable than ordinary ones. It's long been common for freelancers to register at an inexpensive open university just to get the student ID card. They can keep it up for years, until they finally get retired from not studying or keeping up a passing GPA. They show the card to support their claim for a higher "rental fee".

I've never heard of any freelancers claiming to be students who didn't have a card to back it up. Note this is aimed mainly at Thai "customers", since the average Farang whoremonger could care less.

Archived