Gullivers Suk soi 5????

drogon

A few years ago there were a lot of West Africans coming to Bangkok to buy cloth and clothing. They would take it back home to sell.

Don't know if that is still the case, since I don't see many women these days. Single men seem to be the majority, Nigerians by far comprising the largest number.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All Africans I met in BKK were Nigerians...

To my best knowledge Nigeria doesn't have UN refugees abroad (Biafra is long forgotten).

Cambodia Africans might be a different crowd from the BKK ones.

Anyway I couldn't care less as it has been years I didn't go to Gullivers and I don't intend to go to soi 5 anytime soon.

As long as lowlife bastards don't come close to the places where I go or disturb people I know/like then this is fine for me....

• 1 month later...

Ahh - like the Americans in Bangkok too - all scum - or Belgiums?

Sorry I k now a few Nigerians working here legitimately. If you'd add a qualifier saying "All Farang Scum from Any country hanging out in Suk Area" then maybe you'd be closer to the truth.

One guy is Computer engineer doing good work, another is at one of the UN departments and actually contributing. Another is a trader who deals in pretty honest commodities.

Gross generalizations aren't helpful honestly.

A few years ago there were a lot of West Africans coming to Bangkok to buy cloth and clothing. They would take it back home to sell.

Don't know if that is still the case, since I don't see many women these days. Single men seem to be the majority, Nigerians by far comprising the largest number.

From what I have heard here in DR Congo they are now heading directly to China to procure the goods.

Regards,

Mark

I'm not making a generalization. I don't recall ever meeting a Nigerian so I have no idea. I was simply pointing out what has to be done if Nigerians are making trouble at Gullivers as was claimed.

For a business owner its a simple option between two choices.

He can be politically correct and satisfy the PC farangs desire for PC treatment of all races/ethnicities. The result will be his business is overrun with Nigerians that make trouble and don't spend any money. And most assuredly those PC farang won't come to his bar as a result. And he will go under.

Or, he can find a way to keep them out, albeit at the risk of keeping some legitimate customers out as well. But his business will at least have a chance of making it.

We can't avoid generalizations....

You are right though, I should have said the Nigerians hanging on lower Suk...

But this is exactly like saying "the US did this or that"....doesn't mean all the American citizen are "this or that"...

Same as for the "Nigerian scams" -> in many people's minds Nigerians = Scammers....

CTO: One has to exercise critical thinking on a case by case basis in his daily interactions while avoiding generalizations is impossible....

Archived