Stimulus Package To Cap Bonuses

Steve

US stimulus plan to cap banker bonuses

By Francesco Guerrera in New York and Edward Luce in Washington

Published: February 13 2009 18:20 | Last updated: February 13 2009 18:20

Top bankers working for US financial groups that have received government aid face tough new caps on bonuses under a little-noticed amendment to the law authorising the $787bn stimulus package.

The rules, which will limit bankersâ?? bonuses to just a third of their total compensation and force them to take it in stock, have enraged Wall Street executives.

About time someone put the brakes on these assholes. Bad enough they looted the till and drove these companies under now they want to use tax payer money to keep the party going? I don't think so.

The airlines did the same thing, then demanded large concessions from the workers, then the ceo's took huge binuses, and then wanted more from the government and got slapped, about time someone brought all these shit licks back to reality. Now when they start treating government workers like the private sector does, maybe we will get on some even ground.

I'd like to think I's be an old school "CEO" as in a boss as they were called in the old days before all these small dick assholes took over. and give my employees what they deserved for maing me rich, which is.was a reasonable share of the pie. Back in the old days, the "boss" or owber/top guy would boast about giving his employees the best medical, highest pay etc...as it proved he did his job and led a good company to the top. Now adays, it seems the best way to baost is by screwing over others and taking what is theirs.

I have no problem with a performance based bonus being a significant part of the compensation package. As a matter of fact, I think is much better then a straight salary There does need to be upper limits to keep the total compensation within reality and there should also be paybacks for products that have not performed as sold in order to keep people form selling any damn thing and not caring if it worked or not, which is what happened in a lot of cases.

TH

Archived