Stimulus Package To Cap Bonuses

Steve

I have no problem with a performance based bonus being a significant part of the compensation package. As a matter of fact, I think is much better then a straight salary There does need to be upper limits to keep the total compensation within reality and there should also be paybacks for products that have not performed as sold in order to keep people form selling any damn thing and not caring if it worked or not, which is what happened in a lot of cases.

TH

The bonus system was part of the problem! When you get bonuses that are 10X your salary you are going to do deals no matter the risk! You never get a bonus for turning down a deal, even if it saves the company huge losses.

No farkin tax dollars for a CEO bonus!

Let the business get turned around and then let the business pay the bonus, if it can.

Simple.

You pay 100% for a meal before you order it? or give the grocery store money before you buy the groceries? No, of course not.

Let these CEOs prove what they can do and then if they get the business in the black, let the business pay the bonus, not the tax payers!

I have no problem with a performance based bonus being a significant part of the compensation package. As a matter of fact' date=' I think is much better then a straight salary There does need to be upper limits to keep the total compensation within reality and there should also be paybacks for products that have not performed as sold in order to keep people form selling any damn thing and not caring if it worked or not, which is what happened in a lot of cases.

TH

[/quote']

The bonus system was part of the problem! When you get bonuses that are 10X your salary you are going to do deals no matter the risk! You never get a bonus for turning down a deal, even if it saves the company huge losses.

I think my statement covers everyone of your complaints.

But I think we have a case here of people wanting to throw out the baby with wash water.

TH

Archived