How much does age difference really matter?

driftwood

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know that if I was seen prancing round Farangeland with a bird thirty year younger than me,all I'd get was ridicule.

Yes, we should all live our lives so strangers in the street will admire the fat same age hag we have wed. :p

Those that complain the most are the least happiest with their life. :twocents:

Yes, we should all live our lives so strangers in the street will admire the fat same age hag we have wed. :p

Those that complain the most are the least happiest with their life. :twocents:

Too right! When ever I see these guys at home in their 50s 40s shit even 30s, with their FSAH (nice term) I just feel sorry for them and I don't mind the knowing looks that we get. Usually from the FSAH of course, not the guys.

What is it with Western women (well Aussie women at least). Once they get married and drop a couple of kids, they put on 20 kg, cut their hair short (to save maintenance) stop using make up, throw away the heels (their weight makes wearing them impossible). Basically they just give up. Who wants to be married to that! Let them sneer, I'm happy !

Once they get married and drop a couple of kids, they put on 20 kg, cut their hair short (to save maintenance) stop using make up, throw away the heels (their weight makes wearing them impossible). Basically they just give up.

Certainly doesn't happen to all. There are many exceptions. Married men statistically live longer lives than single men. That must mean something.

But, wilst in my younger days, I did observe a friend of mine marry such a lass. They dated for 2 years before marriage.

She had beautiful long hair. Constantly combing it. Tight jeans. A looker before marriage. Then my friend marries her. Zip/cut - off with the long hair. Very short. No more jeans. She needed 'loose' fitting clothes.

Me, before they got married she loved my pet dog. After marriage - she all of the sudden became allergic to dogs. "Don't bring your dog" when visiting the lovely newlyweds.

That particular marriage lasted less then 2 years.

Where I'm from there is a loose rule of thumb of half your age + 10 is considered acceptable. Is their a Thai (or Asian) equivalent to this' date=' or is this a total western notion?[/quote']

The feeling I get in Western cultures is that the age difference limit exists to chastise the older man seen to be taking advantage of a younger, inexperienced girl. So, once a girl gets past a certain age, let's say 27, the age difference doesn't matter.

In Asia, the age difference is embarrassing for the girl because it means that either she isn't attractive enough for a younger man or that she's desperate to get married. Same for a man who marries an even slightly older girl. He loses face because it sends the message he couldn't do better.

My girlfriend is about 1/2 my age and the only people that I have gotten looks from are farang women and that does not happen often. And draws a laugh from us when we get a nasty look.

I have had Cambodian women tell me that they are old when they turn 25 and it seems as though Thai women are now much different, maybe a few years older.

Yes' date=' we should all live our lives so strangers in the street will admire the fat same age hag we have wed. :p

Those that complain the most are the least happiest with their life. :twocents: [/quote']

Too right! When ever I see these guys at home in their 50s 40s shit even 30s, with their FSAH (nice term) I just feel sorry for them and I don't mind the knowing looks that we get. Usually from the FSAH of course, not the guys.

What is it with Western women (well Aussie women at least). Once they get married and drop a couple of kids, they put on 20 kg, cut their hair short (to save maintenance) stop using make up, throw away the heels (their weight makes wearing them impossible). Basically they just give up. Who wants to be married to that! Let them sneer, I'm happy !

Same-same in the USA.

When the wife weighs more then I do...time to trade the fat sow in!!!

In the USA, all the excuses...my thyroid is making me fat...errrr, how about those 2 Kg of chocolate bars that you eat every farkin day...farkin fat sow!!!

What is it with Western women (well Aussie women at least). Once they get married and drop a couple of kids' date=' they put on 20 kg, cut their hair short (to save maintenance) stop using make up, throw away the heels (their weight makes wearing them impossible). Basically they just give up. Who wants to be married to that! Let them sneer, I'm happy !

[/quote']

What is it with western men? Looks like a lot of them have not figured who the creature looking back in the mirror is. Once they pass 40 they put on at least 20 kg, loose all their hair, start wearing sandals and singlets, travel to Pattaya and suddenly they think they really are "Hansum Man". Does any girl really want to be married to that?

Of course. this does not apply for anyone on this board ;)

Paillote

Archived